Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Lorelai: Okay. Now, Sookie's on top of the menu. Let's make sure the dining room's open for a late lunch, and we need to confirm the number of rooms they'll need.
Michel: Yes, I have all of this written down on a notepad right next to my self-help book, Why Don't People Think You Know What The Hell You're Doing?
- Permalink: Okay. Now, Sookie's on top of the menu. Let's make sure the dini...
Well, this is wonderful, to smell like a dead person. You'll have to beat them off with a stick.
- Permalink: Well, this is wonderful, to smell like a dead person. You'll hav...
(in Hungarian) A te orszÃ¡god tele van csÃºnya emberekkel. (Your country is full of ugly people.)
- Permalink: A te orszÃ¡god tele van csÃºnya emberekkel.
Michel: And you must always be extremely careful of your paddle movements.
Lorelai: Well, that certainly calls for a 'Dirty!'
- Permalink: And you must always be extremely careful of your paddle movement...
Michel: Always. You've got to be patient and wait for what you want to appear, then pounce.
Lorelai: Hm, true at an auction, true at a singles bar.
- Permalink: Always. You've got to be patient and wait for what you want to a...
Michel: Take me to the auction.
Michel: Take me, I insist you take me.
Lorelai: You don't even know if it'll be any good. It's just Society Women.
Michel: If your mother's involved it will be impeccable, and I haven't been to an impeccable auction in over a year.
Lorelai: Well I don't know.
Michel: What do you want?
Lorelai: Michel, I don't want anything.
Michel: Stop playing coy with me. I want into that auction you name your price.
Lorelai: OK, you've got to work weekends for the rest of this month.
Lorelai: And you have to answer the phone when it rings.
Lorelai: And answer it in English unless the person is actually foreign.
Lorelai: And you have to oversee the nature hikers next week.
Lorelai: Michel, if you want to go to this auction you have to be in the lobby at 6:00 Friday morning. You have to hand out towels and water bottles. You have to show them the hiking trails and let them give you a nature name.
- Permalink: Take me to the auction. Michel. Take me, I insist you take m...
Lorelai: We can't have a mouse running around the inn. Our guests will freak.
Michel: Tell them it's a baby. People love babies. They'll talk to it in funny voices.
- Permalink: We can't have a mouse running around the inn. Our guests will fr...
Michel: All right, the piano movers will be here at eight and the chairs will be set up at nine. All the rooms are made up and ready. I will be in at ten. Now I am going home unless you would like me to stay.
Lorelai: Actually, I would, thanks.
Michel: No, I'm sorry, I think I said that wrong. I am going home now unless you would like me to stay.
Lorelai: I would love you to stay, thanks for offering.
Michel: Okay, see, once again, my English not so good. One more time. I am going home now after working six hours longer than I usually work and performing tasks I despise and am ashamed of, and now I am going home to wash off the stench of this horrifying day, that is, unless, for some unknown Godforsaken reason, you need me to stay. Lorelai: Well, actually...
- Permalink: All right, the piano movers will be here at eight and the chairs...
Michel: Good morning.
Sookie: It sucks from where I'm sitting.
- Permalink: Good morning. It sucks from where I'm sitting.
Michel: You do know what happens when you assume, don't you?
Michel: I don't know! Something about a donkey. It's a stupid American phrase!
- Permalink: You do know what happens when you assume, don't you? What? I...
Michel: Nine rooms for Luke from Luke's Diner?
Lorelai: That's right.
Michel: French fry convention?
Lorelai: No, just personal.
Michel: Milkshake symposium?
Lorelai: No Michel, it's something personal and I'm vouching for him.
Michel: Soda pop seminar?
Michel: Pickle party?
- Permalink: Nine rooms for Luke from Luke's Diner? That's right. French ...
Michel: That fellow's on the phone from the restaurant.
Michel: The flannel man with the protruding ankles.
Lorelai: Oh, Luke?
Michel: I forgot his name from the desk to here, that's how memorable he is.
- Permalink: That fellow's on the phone from the restaurant. Who? The f...