Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Rachel: Here we go. I'm serving my last cup of coffee. There you go. (Hands the cup to Chandler) Enjoy.
Chandler: (To Ross) Should I tell her I ordered tea?
- Permalink: Here we go. I'm serving my last cup of coffee. There you go. En...
Rachel: I'm training to be better at a job that I hate. My life officially sucks.
Joey: Look Rach, wasn't this supposed to a temporary thing? I thought you wanted to do fashion stuff?
Rachel: Well, yeah! I'm still pursuing that.
Chandler: How... exactly are you pursuing that? Ya know, other than sending out resumes like, what, two years ago?
Rachel: Well, I'm also sending out.... good thoughts.
Joey: If you ask me, as long as you got this job, you've got nothing pushing you to get another one. You need the fear.
Rachel: The fear?
Chandler: He's right, if you quit this job, you then have motivation to go after a job you really want.
Rachel: Well then how come you're still at a job that you hate, I mean why don't you quit and get "the fear?"
(Chandler and Joey both start laughing)
Chandler: Because, I'm too afraid.
- Permalink: I'm training to be better at a job that I hate. My life official...
(to Rachel) And when you have a second later, I wanna show you why we don't just trap spiders under coffee mugs and leave them there.Gunther
- Permalink: And when you have a second later, I wanna show you why we don't ...
Phoebe: I am against innocent trees being cut down in their prime, and their, their corpses grotesquely dressed in like tinsel and twinkly lights. Hey, how do you sleep at night?
Joey: Well, I'm pretty tired from lugging the trees around all day. Hey, Phoebe listen, you got this all wrong. Those trees were born to be Christmas trees, their fulfilling their life purpose, by, by making people happy.
Chandler: Yes. Yes, and ah, ah, the trees are happy too, because for most of them, it's their only chance to see New York.
- Permalink: I am against innocent trees being cut down in their prime, and t...
Gunther: Do you remember when you first came here, how you spent two weeks getting trained by another waitress?
Rachel: Oh, sure! Do you need me to train somebody new?
Gunther: (He laughs) Good one. Actually, ah, Terry wants you to take the training again, whenever.
Rachel: (To Chandler) Eh, do you believe that?
Chandler: (He stops to think) Yeah?
- Permalink: Do you remember when you first came here, how you spent two week...
(About Rachel quitting her job) Does this mean we're gonna have to start paying for coffee?Chandler
- Permalink: Does this mean we're gonna have to start paying for coffee?
Rachel: Well, ya know that's actually a really good idea, because that way they'll be closer to the mugs. Y'know what, you should have the other waitresses do that too.
Gunther: They already do. That's why they call it the "tray spot."
Rachel: Gee, I always heard them talk about that, I just always thought that it was a club they went to. Oh God, I'm sorry.
- Permalink: Well, ya know that's actually a really good idea, because that w...
Ross: Just admit it Chandler, you have no backhand.
Chandler: Excuse me, little one, I have a very solid backhand.
Ross: Shielding your face and shrieking like a girl... is not a backhand.
Chandler: I was shrieking... like a Marine.
- Permalink: Just admit it Chandler, you have no backhand. Excuse me, littl...
Monica: You broke a little girl's leg?
Ross: I know, I feel horrible, okay.
Chandler: Says here a Muppet got whacked on Sesame Street last night. Where exactly were you around tenish?
- Permalink: You broke a little girl's leg? I know, I feel horrible, okay. ...
Rachel: Ah that's funny! You're a funny guy Chandler! And you know what else is really funny?
Chandler: (Hesitantly) Something else I might have said?
- Permalink: Ah that's funny! You're a funny guy Chandler! And you know what ...
Phoebe: You saved them! You guys! Oh God, you're the best!
Chandler: It's like "Night of the Living Dead Christmas Trees."
- Permalink: You saved them! You guys! Oh God, you're the best! It's like N...
Little Girl: You're a scrud.
Ross: What's a scrud?
Little Girl: Why don't you look in the mirror, scrud?
Ross: I don't have to; I can just look at you.
- Permalink: You're a scrud. What's a scrud? Why don't you look in the mi...