Gilmore Girls Season 1 Episode 10: "Forgiveness and Stuff" Quotes
Luke: Your mother called me an idiot.
Lorelai: Wow, you must have sucked up good.
- Permalink: Your mother called me an idiot. Wow, you must have sucked up g...
Rory: What about the apple tarts? You wait all year for those apple tarts!
Lorelai: I can live without the apple tarts.
Rory: You've made up songs after eating five of them with lyrics that contradict that last statement.
- Permalink: What about the apple tarts? You wait all year for those apple ta...
Emily: (patting Rory) This little girl likes you.
Richard: Well, she has good taste.
- Permalink: This little girl likes you. Well, she has good taste.
Emily: So what is exactly going on between the two of you?
Luke: Nothing. Really. We're friends, that's it.
Emily: You're idiots-the both of you.
- Permalink: So what is exactly going on between the two of you? Nothing. R...
Rory: I think you're acting a little immature.
Lorelai: I'm not acting!
- Permalink: I think you're acting a little immature. I'm not acting!
Dean: We were reading a book and then we fell asleep.
Lorelai: Pick a more interesting book next time.
- Permalink: We were reading a book and then we fell asleep. Pick a more in...
Lorelai: Geez! Are you okay?
Luke: Yeah, I'm just not real big on hospitals. You know, the smell, people being wheeled by, tubes sticking out of 'em, you know drainage, fluids, gaping holes...
Lorelai: Okay, listen why don't you go home?
Luke: You want me to go?
Lorelai: You don't look so good.
Lorelai: That's not what I meant, you know you always look good.
Lorelai: I meant you always look healthy...
Lorelai: But you don't look so healthy now. Now you look...
Lorelai: Oh what? So I said you look good. We're not in 5th grade! 'You look good', big deal...stop staring at me.
(patient passes by)
Luke: Oh geez.
Lorelai: See, that's what you get for being cocky.
- Permalink: Geez! Are you okay? Yeah, I'm just not real big on hospitals. ...
Luke: Thanks for the hat.
Lorelai: You're welcome. It looks good on you.
Luke: Good how?
Lorelai: Just watch the procession.
- Permalink: Thanks for the hat. You're welcome. It looks good on you. G...
Rory: Where's Mom?
Luke: Looking for coffee.
Rory: What are you doing?
Luke: Staring at my shoes.
Rory: Okay, carry on.
- Permalink: Where's Mom? Looking for coffee. What are you doing? Stari...
We're not here right now, speak if you must.Lorelai's answering machine
- Permalink: We're not here right now, speak if you must.
(to Luke after he made her a Santa-Burger) No one has ever made me something quite this disgusting before. I thank you.Lorelai
- Permalink: No one has ever made me something quite this disgusting before. ...
Lorelai: Rory, there are only two things that I trust in this entire world. The fact that I will never be able to understand what Charo is saying no matter how long she lives in this country, and you.
Rory: Hopefully not in that order.
- Permalink: Rory, there are only two things that I trust in this entire worl...
Luke: Just tell me you forbid her to see the bag boy.
Lorelai: I did not forbid her to see the bag boy.
Luke: Are you crazy?
Lorelai: Well, he looks like he's moving up to produce, so he's suddenly become quite a catch.
Luke: That kid is trouble.
- Permalink: Just tell me you forbid her to see the bag boy. I did not for...
Lorelai: I feel like this is one of those moments when I should be remembering all the great times I had with my dad, you know. The time he took me shopping for a Barbie or to the circus or fishing and my mind is a complete blank.
Luke: Well I'm sure it happened.
Lorelai: No it didn't. We never did any of that. He went to work, he came home, he read the paper, he went to bed, I snuck out the window. Simple. He was a very by the numbers guy. I was never very good with numbers.
Luke: I'm sure he loves you.
Lorelai: You know my dad is not a bad guy.
Luke: I'm sure he's not.
Lorelai: He lived his life the way he thought he was supposed to. He followed the rules taught to him by his non-fishing-non-Barbie-buying dad. He worked hard. He bought a nice house. He provided for my mom. All he asked in return was for his daughter to wear white dresses and go to cotillion and want the same life that he had. What a disappointment it must have been for him to get me.
Luke: I can't imagine anyone seeing you as a disappointment.
- Permalink: I feel like this is one of those moments when I should be rememb...