Gilmore Girls Season 1 Episode 1: "Pilot" Quotes
Hands in the air, not in the nose.Miss Patty
- Permalink: Hands in the air, not in the nose.
Rory: I can't believe tomorrow's my last day at Stars Hollow High.
Lorelai: I know.
Rory: Today I was so excited I dressed for gym.
Lorelai: You're kidding!
Rory: And I played volleyball.
Lorelai: With other people?
Rory: And I learned that all this time I've been avoiding group sports...
Rory: ..it was very smart because I suck at them.
Lorelai: Well, you get that from me.
- Permalink: I can't believe tomorrow's my last day at Stars Hollow High. I...
Dean: My family just moved here from Chicago.
Rory: Chicago? Windy. Oprah.
- Permalink: My family just moved here from Chicago. Chicago? Windy. Oprah.
Sookie: Where's your pate?
Lorelai: At Zsa-Zsa's Gabor's house?
Sookie: Right. I'm going to the store because you have nothing. You like duck?
Lorelai: OOooohhh, if it's made with chicken, absolutely!
- Permalink: Where's your pate? At Zsa-Zsa's Gabor's house? Right. I'm g...
Rory: So do you like cake?
Rory: They make really good cakes here. They're very... round.
Dean: Okay, I'll remember that.
Rory: Good. Make a note. You wouldn't want to forget where the round cakes are (gets a did-i-just-say-that look on her face).
- Permalink: So do you like cake? What? They make really good cakes here....
(to Dean) It's my mother's name, too. She named me after herself. She was lying in the hospital thinking about how men name boys after themselves all the time, you know, so why couldn't women? She says her feminism just kind of took over. Though personally I think a lot of Demerol also went into that decision. I never talk this much.Rory
- Permalink: It's my mother's name, too. She named me after herself. She wa...
Lorelai: It's here. It happened. She did it.
Sookie: Okay, I'm gonna need a little bit longer sentence.
- Permalink: It's here. It happened. She did it. Okay, I'm gonna need a lit...
Mrs. Kim: So, how was school? None of the girls get pregnant, drop out?
Lane: Not that we know of.
Rory: Though come to think of it, Joanna Posner was glowing a little.
Mrs. Kim: What?
Lane: Nothing, Mama. She's just kidding.
Mrs. Kim: Boys don't like funny girls.
- Permalink: So, how was school? None of the girls get pregnant, drop out? ...
Lorelai: (holding up a coffee cup) What? It's not for me. It's for Rory, I swear.
Luke: You're shameless.
Lorelai: Look, Officer Krupke, she's right at that table right over there.
- Permalink: What? It's not for me. It's for Rory, I swear. You're shameles...
(wrestling large, cumbersome harp through crowded lobby)
Drella: Aw, that's it, lady, tie your shoe NOW... Yeah, d-don't... don't worry, I'll wait!
Lorelai: Hi, Drella. hi... I was just wondering, ummmm... could you be, ahhh... nicer to the guests?
Drella: Oh, ah... um, I'm sorry, did you not want a harp player?
Lorelai: Yes, I did.
Drella: Did you not want a great harp player?
Lorelai: (sighs) Yes, I did.
Drella: OK... I am a great harp player... and this, is my great harp, 'kay?... So, if you're looking for someone to just be nice to the guests, get a harmonica player, maybe some guy who whistles through his nose, okay? Capisce?
- Permalink: Aw, that's it, lady, tie your shoe NOW... Yeah, d-don't... don't...
(Sookie feeds Lorelai a spoonful of sauce)
Lorelai: Oh, dear God Almighty. That's incredible!
Sookie: I want to put it on the waffles tomorrow morning for breakfast.
Lorelai: I want to take a bath in that sauce!
Sookie: I will make more!
Lorelai: Someday when we open our own inn, diabetics will be lining up for this sauce.
Sookie: Won't that be great?
Lorelai: Yeah, but the key to someday achieving that dream is for you to stay alive long enough so we can actually open an inn, you understand?
- Permalink: Oh, dear God Almighty. That's incredible! I want to put it o...
I love being a private school girl!Rory
- Permalink: I love being a private school girl!
Want more Gilmore Girls?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!