Gilmore Girls Season 1 Episode 1: "Pilot" Quotes
Lorelai: (holding up a coffee cup) What? It's not for me. It's for Rory, I swear.
Luke: You're shameless.
Lorelai: Look, Officer Krupke, she's right at that table right over there.
- Permalink: What? It's not for me. It's for Rory, I swear. You're shameles...
Hands in the air, not in the nose.Miss Patty
- Permalink: Hands in the air, not in the nose.
Mrs. Kim: So, how was school? None of the girls get pregnant, drop out?
Lane: Not that we know of.
Rory: Though come to think of it, Joanna Posner was glowing a little.
Mrs. Kim: What?
Lane: Nothing, Mama. She's just kidding.
Mrs. Kim: Boys don't like funny girls.
- Permalink: So, how was school? None of the girls get pregnant, drop out? ...
Dean: My family just moved here from Chicago.
Rory: Chicago? Windy. Oprah.
- Permalink: My family just moved here from Chicago. Chicago? Windy. Oprah.
(wrestling large, cumbersome harp through crowded lobby)
Drella: Aw, that's it, lady, tie your shoe NOW... Yeah, d-don't... don't worry, I'll wait!
Lorelai: Hi, Drella. hi... I was just wondering, ummmm... could you be, ahhh... nicer to the guests?
Drella: Oh, ah... um, I'm sorry, did you not want a harp player?
Lorelai: Yes, I did.
Drella: Did you not want a great harp player?
Lorelai: (sighs) Yes, I did.
Drella: OK... I am a great harp player... and this, is my great harp, 'kay?... So, if you're looking for someone to just be nice to the guests, get a harmonica player, maybe some guy who whistles through his nose, okay? Capisce?
- Permalink: Aw, that's it, lady, tie your shoe NOW... Yeah, d-don't... don't...
Sookie: Where's your pate?
Lorelai: At Zsa-Zsa's Gabor's house?
Sookie: Right. I'm going to the store because you have nothing. You like duck?
Lorelai: OOooohhh, if it's made with chicken, absolutely!
- Permalink: Where's your pate? At Zsa-Zsa's Gabor's house? Right. I'm g...
Lorelai: It's here. It happened. She did it.
Sookie: Okay, I'm gonna need a little bit longer sentence.
- Permalink: It's here. It happened. She did it. Okay, I'm gonna need a lit...
(to Dean) It's my mother's name, too. She named me after herself. She was lying in the hospital thinking about how men name boys after themselves all the time, you know, so why couldn't women? She says her feminism just kind of took over. Though personally I think a lot of Demerol also went into that decision. I never talk this much.Rory
- Permalink: It's my mother's name, too. She named me after herself. She wa...
Rory: So do you like cake?
Rory: They make really good cakes here. They're very... round.
Dean: Okay, I'll remember that.
Rory: Good. Make a note. You wouldn't want to forget where the round cakes are (gets a did-i-just-say-that look on her face).
- Permalink: So do you like cake? What? They make really good cakes here....