Gossip Girl Season 5 Episode 1: "Yes, Then Zero" Quotes
Marshall: I need this job more than you do, okay? I pay for my life. I have student loans, rent, a car lease. I can't afford to get fired.
Serena: And I can?
Marshall: You're Serena van der Woodsen. You do one lap around this party you'll get ten job offers. You weren't even looking when you found this one.
- Permalink: I need this job more than you do, okay? I pay for my life. I hav...
Jane: Nice to meet you by the way...
Jane: Hm. That's a great name.
Nate: And you are?
Jane: Done now.
- Permalink: Nice to meet you by the way... Nate. Hm. That's a great name...
Nate: My best friend was right. Saying yes makes everything better.
Jane: Well based on my own recent experience I'd have to agree.
- Permalink: My best friend was right. Saying yes makes everything better. ...
Okay. I know I don't know you at all and you probably could give a damn about what I have to say. Most of the people in my business are in it because they're thrill seekers or adrenaline junkies. But for some of them, there's something dark going on. I think you need help.Girl
- Permalink: Okay. I know I don't know you at all and you probably could give...
Often all it takes to find a new path is to make a sharp turn and see what you find. But beware. Sometimes what you're faced with is a dead end.Gossip Girl
- Permalink: Often all it takes to find a new path is to make a sharp turn an...
Blair: I am about to call off my engagement. I can't marry someone who doesn't stand up for me. Not even to his own mother. And when I tell him it's over, I'll need to get away. To clear my head. You were in the Hamptons?
Dan: Ah, Ammagansett. Cece's house.
Blair: Is it empty? Take me there.
- Permalink: I am about to call off my engagement. I can't marry someone who ...
Dan: Blair. What are you doing here? Did Louisâ€”
Blair: I didn't know where else to go. I wasn't going to come here. I haven't talked to you all summer and you're the only person I know in New York right now. And I really need a friend. If you're still...
Dan: Of course I am. What's going on?
- Permalink: Blair. What are you doing here? Did Louisâ€” I didn't know whe...
Diana: So you collect?
Diana: A Helmut Newton, right?
Diana: Is that Lauren Hutton?
Diana: Or is it Lisa Taylor?
Nate: Yes. How'd you know?
Diana: I have a good eye. And good taste. Is this the master bedroom? Let's destroy it.
- Permalink: So you collect? Yes. A Helmut Newton, right? Yes. Is tha...
Blair: I can't even believe I'm answering this call.
Louis: I'm so sorry, Blair. Something's come up that's taking me longer than anticipated. It looks like I won't make it to the gala at all.
Blair: You're going vague on this one? Something's come up? Why don't you admit that you're already at the UN with your mother instead of lying.
Louis: I'm not. I wish I could tell you where I am, but I made a promise.
Blair: And we know how you honor the promises you make. As long as they're not to me. Tell your mother congratulations. She won.
Louis: What are you talking about?
- Permalink: I can't even believe I'm answering this call. I'm so sorry, Bl...
Girl: Oh my god. Are you that guy? That guy from that movie?
Nate: Ah... yes.
Girl: I love that guy. Can we have your autograph?
Diana Payne: How about a tour?
Nate: Ah... yes. Absolutely.
Diana: This is a private tour.
- Permalink: Oh my god. Are you that guy? That guy from that movie? Ah... y...
Sticks and stones may just break bones, but the wounds from words never heal. Especially when they're words we hoped we'd never read.Gossip Girl
- Permalink: Sticks and stones may just break bones, but the wounds from word...
Blair is the one this story's about. I swear to you, if the story ever sees the light of day, you are not going to be happy.Dan
- Permalink: Blair is the one this story's about. I swear to you, if the stor...
Dan: It's Blair's Save the Date.
Rufus: You're not happy. You guys are still friends, right?
Dan: Yeah. Friends. I wonder if she invited Chuck.
Rufus: If he's anywhere that FedEx can reach.
- Permalink: It's Blair's Save the Date. You're not happy. You guys are sti...
Dan: Dad! What are you doing here? I thought you'd still be in London helping Jenny set up St. Martin's.
Rufus: She and Eric kicked me out when I didn't know who Sierra Burton was, so I came back here early and thought I'd spend some time with you.
- Permalink: Dad! What are you doing here? I thought you'd still be in London...