Grey's Anatomy Season 4 Episode 3: "Let the Truth Sting" Quotes
Charlie, the truth is you were a bastard. You were, you were mean and stubborn and just a bastard. But you were a bastard who knew what you wanted and you stuck to your guns and you proved that if you want something badly enough, if you're determined enough and appreciative enough eventually it will happen. It will, that gives me hope so thanks for that. Good bye, Charlie.Izzie
- Permalink: Charlie, the truth is you were a bastard. You were, you were me...
He didn't fart much.Alex
- Permalink: He didn't fart much.
George! It's really old guy! We could bring a marching band in here and he wouldn't know the difference!Izzie
- Permalink: George! It's really old guy! We could bring a marching band in ...
- Permalink: Blondieee!!
George: Did you know how to do the procedure?
Richard: Are you saying that we're too old to learn the new ways, O'Malley?
Richard: Are you saying we're old dogs who can't learn the tricks?
George: No. I just...
Mark: We're not old dogs.
Webber: We still got it.
- Permalink: Did you know how to do the procedure? Are you saying that we'...
Meredith: I will take the ER and your interns.
Cristina: Are you sure?
Meredith: Take the surgery. Makes you feel better and you start to regain strength. [leaves]
Alex: I saw the whole thing, Yang. You can stop pretending.
Cristina: Oh I'm not pretending. I'm sad. I'm very sad. Me so sad!
Alex: Yes, you tried.
Cristina: Hey, forget it. Sad is mine. Go, find your own pretend-emotion.
- Permalink: I will take the ER and your interns. Are you sure? Take the...
Meredith: Cristina, are we gonna talk about this? The Burke thing?
Cristina: I'm not Izzie. I'm not gonna lie on the bathroom floor all day. I'm gonna lie here. On the counter.
- Permalink: Cristina, are we gonna talk about this? The Burke thing? I'm ...
I'm stuck in the pit with this know-nothing interns. You'd think eventually I'd catch a break.Cristina
- Permalink: I'm stuck in the pit with this know-nothing interns. You'd thin...
Mark: Ever feel like you're gettin' old?
Derek: Meredith isn't telling Cristina about us. She tells Cristina everything.
Mark: I thought you broke that off!
Derek: I meant to.
Mark: You think she's gonna wanna get back together. You think she's gonna grow up, and get all whole, and want a relationship.
Derek: I do not.
Mark: [smiles] You're a bad liar.
Derek: [smiles] You're old.
Mark: I'm just getting started my friend.
- Permalink: Ever feel like you're gettin' old? Meredith isn't telling Cri...
Cristina: [pretending to be sad] Hey.
Meredith: You okay?
Cristina: I don't know. I think it's all just hiding me. Stupid Burke dumping me and then stupid Mama coming to reclaim her magic necklace.
Meredith: You wanna to talk about it?
Cristina: No, not really, not yet.
Meredith: Okay, well if there's anything I can do.
Cristina: I just wish I could do surgery, surgery would make me feel better...
Meredith: [looks critical]
Cristina: 1, 2, 3, 4, follow me!
- Permalink: Hey. Hey. You okay? I don't know. I think it's all just ...
She's doing McDreamy! She's doing McDreamy and lying about it. Did she thinks I'm weak, that I'm fragile?! Did she think I can't handle it because of Burke?Cristina
- Permalink: She's doing McDreamy! She's doing McDreamy and lying about it. ...
Callie: Just say it.
George: I slept with Izzie.
- Permalink: Just say it. I slept with Izzie.
[narrating] The truth is painful. Deep down, nobody wants to hear it, especially when it hits close to home. Sometimes we tell the truth because the truth is all we have to give. Sometimes we tell the truth because we need to say it out loud to hear it for ourselves. And sometimes we tell the truth because we just can't help ourselves. Sometimes, we tell them because we owe them at least that much.Meredith
- Permalink: The truth is painful. Deep down, nobody wants to hear it, espe...
[narrating] Doctors give patients a number of thing. We give them medicine, we give them advice and, most of the time, we give them our undivided attention. But, by far, the hardest thing you can give a patient is the truth. The truth is hard. The truth is awkward and very often the truth hurts. I mean, people think they want the truth. But do they really?Meredith
- Permalink: Doctors give patients a number of thing. We give them medicine...