Grey's Anatomy Season 5 Episode 5: "Life During Wartime" Quotes
[narrating] For a surgeon, every patient is a battlefield. They're our terrain. Where we advance, retreat, try to remove all the land mines... and just when you think you've won the battle, made the world safe again. Along comes another land mine.Meredith
- Permalink: For a surgeon, every patient is a battlefield. They're our terra...
[narrating] Some wars result in complete and total victory. Some wars end with a peace offering. And some wars end in hope... But all these wars are nothing compared to the most frightening war of all. The one you have yet to fight.Meredith
- Permalink: Some wars result in complete and total victory. Some wars end wi...
Izzie: You want lessons, huh?
Alex: I want lessons.
Izzie: Okay. You start with 'Isobel Stevens, you are staggeringly good in bed. You are amazingly smart, wonderfully funny, and you care about animals.'
Alex: That's where I start?
Izzie: Mmm. And then you say 'Do you wanna go steady with me?'
Alex: That's what I would say if it was 1952.
Izzie: Alex? Do you wanna go steady with me.
Alex: If that's what you want, I mean yeah, whatever.
- Permalink: You want lessons, huh? I want lessons. Okay. You start with ...
Izzie: Thought you were sleeping with Michelle tonight. Or was it Jackie?
Alex: Izz ...
Izzie: I've had a hard day Alex. Would you please just leave me alone?
Alex: Izzie ...
Alex: I'm not good at this. I'm not good at ... relationships or talking about stupid feelings. And you are, so maybe you could teach me or something. Tell me where I go wrong.
Izzie: [pauses] You don't want us to see other people. You don't want us to see other people and that's how you tried to tell me! [laughs] By asking if it was cool if you screw Michelle.
- Permalink: Thought you were sleeping with Michelle tonight. Or was it Jacki...
[to Mer] You weren't imagining things. You used to run around here with that doll on the time. Took her everywhere. Cafeteria, OR gallery. Tori's got a whole army. You didn't have anyone. Seeing Anatomy Jane ... reminded me of how much I'm to blame for that. You're a living reminder of every failure in my life. And that's not your fault. And if I thought 'I'm sorry' would hold any meaning for you at all, I'd say it. I'd say it a thousand times a day.Richard
- Permalink: You weren't imagining things. You used to run around here with t...
Meredith: Why can't you look at me?
Meredith: You can't look at me. You haven't been able to look at me. All. Day.
Richard: I think you're imagining things.
Meredith: Oh. I don't think I am. But, hey, if you say so.
Richard: I do. I say so. So instead of worrying about whether or not I'm looking at you, maybe you should concentrate about saving a 10-year-old girl we're about to eviscerate.
- Permalink: Why can't you look at me? What? You can't look at me. You ha...
Miranda: Grey, is that Anatomy Jane?
Miranda: With the 24 removable organs and the optional parts to simulate pregnancy?
Meredith: Yes. Does that mean I'm out too?
Miranda: No, that means you're in.
- Permalink: Grey, is that Anatomy Jane? Yes. With the 24 removable organ...
Richard: Gentlemen! I'd like you to meet the new head of trauma at Seattle Grace, Major Owen Hunt. You remember Mark Sloan, Derek Shepherd ...
Derek: Stole my patient.
Mark: Mine too.
Owen: Now you'll get a chance to steal mine.
- Permalink: Gentlemen! I'd like you to meet the new head of trauma at Seattl...
I just spoke with a friend of mine at the DOH. Now that we have Owen, we are being reclassified as a LEVEL 1 trauma unit by the end of the month!Richard
- Permalink: I just spoke with a friend of mine at the DOH. Now that we have ...
Meredith: ... it was a super creepy gift for a five-year-old, but I kinda liked it-
- Permalink: ... it was a super creepy gift for a five-year-old, but I kinda ...
Meredith: What was that all about?
Cristina: I just saw Owen. Major Owen Hunt! You know, the guy who pulled the icicle from my chest?
Meredith: I thought he was in Iraq.
Cristina: He was, but now he's here! In the hospital!
Meredith: Okay! So?
Cristina: So... we kissed. He kissed me. It was stupid. It was nothing.
Meredith: But you don't think he thought it was nothing.
Cristina: Well he obviously likes me. And now he's back! What's he doing back?!
- Permalink: What was that all about? I just saw Owen. Major Owen Hunt! You...
Richard: You pulled off a 12-eprson domino surgery last week. That's the kind of thing we need every week. It's the kind of thing that shows me you're gonna be a great surgeon one day.
Miranda: Well thank you sir.
Richard: It's not enough. I don't want you to just be great Miranda. I want you to be the best. And if you're going to succeed me as the best general surgeon in this hospital than you need to start now. Today. Which means you need to be me.
- Permalink: You pulled off a 12-eprson domino surgery last week. That's the ...
Erica: This is her angio? That thing is wrapped around five major arteries.
Miranda: It's bad, but I've got some ideas.
Erica: Good for you! Try them on someone who might actually live.
- Permalink: This is her angio? That thing is wrapped around five major arter...
Erica: Don't get emotional Bailey. No one likes a girl who gets emotional.
Miranda: Still. I would like you on my team.
- Permalink: Don't get emotional Bailey. No one likes a girl who gets emotion...