Grey's Anatomy Season 2 Episode 1: "Raindrops Keep Failling on My Head" Quotes
"To be a good surgeon you have to think like a surgeon. Emotions are messy. Tuck them neatly away and step into a clean sterile room where the procedure is simple. Cut, suture, and close. But sometimes youâ€™re faced with a cut that wonâ€™t heal. A cut that rips its stitches wide open. They say that practice makes perfect."MEREDITH
- Permalink: To be a good surgeon you have to think like a surgeon. Emotions...
[to Meredith] "So I go upstairs, preparing myself for what I'm going to see when I walk into my bedroom. I step on a man's jacket that doesn't belong to me. Then everything I know... it just shifts. Because what I know now is that when I go into my bedroom, I'm not just going to see that my wife is cheating on me. I'm going to see that my wife is cheating on me with Mark, who happens to be my best friend."DEREK
- Permalink: So I go upstairs, preparing myself for what I'm going to see w...
DEREK: "Meredith, I understand..."
MEREDITH: "Do you? Somehow I doubt it. Because if you did, you would shut up, turn around and go back inside, because you would realize that I am this close to getting in my car and running you over in the parking lot!"
- Permalink: Meredith, I understand... Do you? Somehow I doubt it. Because...
"You know what happens to pregnant interns. I'm not switching to vagina squad or spending my life popping zits. I'm too talented. Surgery is my life."CRISTINA
- Permalink: You know what happens to pregnant interns. I'm not switching to...
PRESTON: "So what's the story with you and Grey?"
DEREK: [pauses] "I got drunk and she took advantage of me. Or she got drunk and I took advantage of her. Well, either way, we were drunk, definitely, and somebody took advantage. I look at it as my initiation into Seattle. What about you?"
PRESTON: "I don't have a story, I just wanted to hear yours."
- Permalink: So what's the story with you and Grey? I got drunk and she t...
PRESTON: "What do you want?"
PRESTON: "What do you want? You don't want to go out to dinner. You don't want to meet me in the on call room, and you sure as hell don't want to talk to me. I could pretend that I know, but hey, I don't even have your home phone number. So what do you want!?"
- Permalink: What do you want? What... What do you want? You don't want ...
DEREK: "Addison, what are you doing here?"
ADDISON: "What are YOU doing here? You left everything -- your house, your wife, your practice. You had a life. Now you have a girlfriend in Seattle. She seems... sweet."
- Permalink: Addison, what are you doing here? What are YOU doing here? Yo...
ADDISON: "Am I interrupting?"
RICHARD: "You're never interrupting."
DEREK: "She's always interrupting."
- Permalink: Am I interrupting? You're never interrupting. She's always ...
RICHARD: "You and I both know she's the best in the field. Bringing Addison out was a business decision. It's nothing personal."
DEREK: "Oh, well, that's a relief. Not personal. It's personal to me!"
- Permalink: You and I both know she's the best in the field. Bringing Addis...