Scandal Season 2 Episode 15: "Boom Goes the Dynamite" Quotes
[to Quinn] I used to live in a box outside the Metro and before that I dismembered people for a living. Right now I smell. When the rain stops I won't smell. I'm fine.Huck
- Permalink: I used to live in a box outside the Metro and before that I dism...
Will: I love her. The day Pete brought her home ten years ago I wasn't even supposed to be there. I was supposed to be on a plane. Sometimes I wonder if I'd just been somewhere else. We denied it for months because that's what you do. You deny it. You pretend it's not happening. You pretend it's all above board and it's appropriate and the next thing you know you're having sex in the coat closet at your brother's engagement dinner. Pete loves her. She's his wife. And she and I, well, we have what we have. It might not be much but it's what we have.
Olivia: You have nothing. You have a pile of secrets and lies, and you're calling it love. And in the meantime you're letting your whole life pass you by while they raise children and celebrate anniversaries and grow old together. You're frozen in time. You're holding your breath. You're a statue waiting for something that's never going to happen. Living for stolen moments in hotel hallways and coat closets and you keep telling yourself they all add up to something real because in your mind they have to but they don't. They won't. They never will. Because stolen moments aren't a life. So you have nothing. You have no one. End it now.
- Permalink: I love her. The day Pete brought her home ten years ago I wasn't...
Abby: Don't think this means anything.
David: Don't worry. I don't.
- Permalink: Don't think this means anything. Don't worry. I don't.
[to Cyrus] Let Mellie be. That's how you fight her. Don't over think it. Just let her be. Let Mellie do what Mellie's going to do. When it comes to Fitz, Mellie's her own worst enemy. Eventually she's going to go too far and cross him. You just need to be there when she does.Olivia
- Permalink: Let Mellie be. That's how you fight her. Don't over think it. Ju...
Cyrus: She's got him. He looks to her. He leans on her. He's her guy know.
Olivia: Maybe that's how it should be. She's his wife. She's the mother of his children.
Cyrus: This is Mellie we're talking about.
- Permalink: She's got him. He looks to her. He leans on her. He's her guy kn...
I'm completely out of the loop, Liv. And it's not the knife if my back that's upsetting to me. It's the size of the knife in my back. It's the...enormous knife being stabbed over and over and over.Cyrus
- Permalink: I'm completely out of the loop, Liv. And it's not the knife if m...
Harrison: Speaking of flammable, did you tell your partner in crime to take a shower yet?
Quinn: I think there might be something wrong with him.
Harrison: He's Huck. There's something very wrong with him. Doesn't give him a pass on hygiene.
- Permalink: Speaking of flammable, did you tell your partner in crime to tak...
Quinn: Does Huck--
Harrison: Stink? Yeah. To high heaven. Like he hasn't showered in days.
Abby: At least David will always know where he is.
- Permalink: Does Huck-- Stink? Yeah. To high heaven. Like he hasn't shower...
Olivia: Captain Ballard--
Jake: 'Jake.' All my dates call me 'Jake.'
Olivia: You do not give up.
Jake: I'm a Navy man. Navy men do not give up.
Olivia: Neither do I.
Jake: Like I said. I like a challenge.
- Permalink: Captain Ballard-- 'Jake.' All my dates call me 'Jake.' You d...
Jake: Wow, you really suck at dating.
Olivia: I never said this was a date. You did.
- Permalink: Wow, you really suck at dating. I never said this was a date. ...
Jake: It's a date.
Jake: It's a date. You said meeting. I'm not a client. I don't have a problem. I don't need fixing. I asked you out. You said yes. We dressed up. At the end of the evening if all goes well there will be kissing. This is not a meeting this is a date. And I don't want to insult you. You chose this restaurant. I'm sure the food is very good, but this is not a date restaurant. You can't have a date here. This is where dates go to die. You look extraordinary, by the way.
- Permalink: It's a date. What? It's a date. You said meeting. I'm not a...