The Big Bang Theory Season 1 Quotes
Sheldon: Here's the problem with teleportation.
Leonard: Lay it on me.
Sheldon: Assuming a device could be invented, which would identify the quantum state of matter of an individual in one location and transmit that pattern to a distant location for reassembly. You would not have actually transported the individual, you would have destroyed him in one location and recreated him in another.
Leonard: How about that.
Sheldon: Personally, I would never use a transporter because the original Sheldon would have to be dissintegrated in order to create a new Sheldon.
Leonard: Would the new Sheldon be in any way an improvement on the old Sheldon?
Sheldon: No, he would be exactly the same.
Leonard: That is a problem
- Permalink: Here's the problem with teleportation. Lay it on me. Assumin...
Leonard: Come on, Dennis, I'll show you the rec center. They've got Nautilus equipment.
Dennis: Do I look like I lift weights?
Leonard: Not heavy ones
- Permalink: Come on, Dennis, I'll show you the rec center. They've got Nauti...
Ladies and gentlemen... honored daughters... while Mr. Kim, by virtue of his youth and naivety, has fallen prey to the inexplicable need for human contact, let me step in and assure you that my research will go on uninterrupted and that social relationships will continue to baffle and repulse me. Thank youSheldon
- Permalink: Ladies and gentlemen... honored daughters... while Mr. Kim, by v...
Wolowitz: We need a hot 15-year-old Asian girl with a thing for smart guys.
Leonard: Howard, that's racist. Any fifteen year old girl will do the trick
- Permalink: We need a hot 15-year-old Asian girl with a thing for smart guys...
If we were in India this would be simpler. Five minutes with her dad, 20 goats and a laptop, and it would be doneRaj [on approaching a girl]
- Permalink: If we were in India this would be simpler. Five minutes with her...
Leonard: You speak English really well.
Dennis: So do you... except for your tendency to end sentences with prepositions.
Leonard: What are you talking about?
Sheldon: He's not wrong
- Permalink: You speak English really well. So do you... except for your te...
The local cuisine was a little more sausage-based than I'm used to, and the result was an internal blitzkrieg, with my lower intestine playing the part of CzechoslovakiaSheldon [on studying in Germany]
- Permalink: The local cuisine was a little more sausage-based than I'm used ...
[at The Cheesecake Factory]
Penny: Why didn't you just have soup at home?
Sheldon: Penny, I have an IQ of 187. Don't you imagine if there were a way for me to have soup at home, I would have thought of it?
Penny: You can have soup delivered.
Sheldon: I did not think of that
- Permalink: Why didn't you just have soup at home? Penny, I have an IQ of ...
Leonard: Sheldon, don't you think you're overreacting?
Sheldon: When I'm lying comatose in a hospital, relying on inferior minds to cure me, these Jell-O cultures and my accompanying notes will give them a fighting chance
- Permalink: Sheldon, don't you think you're overreacting? When I'm lying c...