The Office Season 5 Episode 9: "The Surplus" Quotes
Michael: It is a classic management tactic. You have two sides, a deadline, you know that neither of them are gonna concede. What you do is you put 'em in a room, and you just- Hey.
Oscar: Hey, we're going with the chairs.
Oscar: I just figured I'd rather have new chairs than nothing at all.
Pam: Thanks Michael.
Michael: Good work. I'm proud of you. [they leave] Mother-
- Permalink: It is a classic management tactic. You have two sides, a deadlin...
Was that hot or what?Andy
- Permalink: Was that hot or what?
Now, I have to take care of a legal issue.Angela
- Permalink: Now, I have to take care of a legal issue.
Hey Tuna, check it out. Tuna sandwich. Just like you.Andy
- Permalink: Hey Tuna, check it out. Tuna sandwich. Just like you.
No, I don't ... this doesn't change anything. I have a very important decision to make. We need a new copier. We need new chairs. And I need to figure out a way to keep this money without having everybody hate me.Michael
- Permalink: No, I don't ... this doesn't change anything. I have a very impo...
Angela: I didn't-
Dwight: Haha, Mrs. Schrute.
Angela: We are not married.
Angela: Take this thing. [takes off twine ring]
Dwight: My... It's not my fault you don't understand German; I've been telling you to take it for years!
Andy: Are we, uh... are we leaving or what? [Mose hits Andy in the head with a deflated ball] Ow!
- Permalink: I didn't- Haha, Mrs. Schrute. We are not married. What... ...
Angela: Dwight, I thought I knew what I wanted. And then, being here with you and the German Mennonite minister... it just all felt right. I made a mistake picking Andy.
Dwight: I know you did. And that's why I have taken care of everything.
Angela: What do you mean?
Dwight: Well Monkey, he's a real minister. And you said, "I do." And I said, "I do." And Andy wasn't signing a receipt; he was signing our marriage certificate as a witness.
Angela: Dwight! That doesn't count!
Dwight: Yes, of course it does.
Angela: No, it doesn't!
Dwight: It does in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Permalink: Dwight, I thought I knew what I wanted. And then, being here wit...
Angela: I work with Dwight.
Dwight: He doesn't understand a word you're saying.
Dwight: Although born just minutes from here, he speaks only German. Closed society. So, now, after the readings by all of your sisters, we will arrive at the vows. So, Konrad... [speaks German to minister; minister begins speaking in German] And away we go. This is a little taste of the ceremony, if you will. He's explaining why we're here, what we're doing here, making introductions, blah blah blah... Then he's gonna have Andy repeat a bunch of stuff. He's gonna ask Andy to produce a ring. I have uh, now just uh... just some twine for our purposes, and you will put the ring on her finger. Yadda yadda, then he's going to ask Andy, uh, if he would like to marry Angela. And you will reply, "I do." [Andy mouths, "I do" silently] And then he's going to ask Angela if she would like to marry Andy, to which you will reply...
Angela: I do.
Dwight: And there we go. Okay, and that's just about it. Man and wife.
- Permalink: I work with Dwight. He doesn't understand a word you're saying...
Kevin: Michael, I got you a hot chocolate. I hope that's okay.
Michael: Oh, thank you my dear.
Kelly: Wait, Michael! Let me open the door for you.
Michael: Oh, well, chivalry is not dead after all. Okay...
Stanley: There he is!
Michael: There he is! Hello, hello!
Michael: Hello! Good to see you! Good to see you.
Michael: Mm! [gives Jim a high five] Yeah!
Pam: There's that ass!
Michael: Hey hey! Yeah! Unh!
Pam: Woo! Yeah. Aw, don't take it away!
Michael: Oh... ah, I almost choked.
- Permalink: Okay. Michael, I got you a hot chocolate. I hope that's okay. ...
Jim: You might want to consider changing teams, because we would ... we would love to have you.
Pam: No, copier's great.
Pam: Yeah. I have my copies.
Jim: There they are.
Pam: And I have my original.
Jim: You got it.
Pam: So suck it.
- Permalink: You might want to consider changing teams, because we would ... ...
Dwight: Have you made a decision on the butter sculpture?
Angela: No. I haven't thought of it.
Dwight: Okay. Cow, goat or sheep. It's not that hard.
Angela: I would like cat.
- Permalink: Have you made a decision on the butter sculpture? No. I haven'...
Andy: Uh, Dwight, if we pay extra, could you slaughter the entrees the day before?
Dwight: ... I'll consider it.
Andy: See? That's how you do it! Makin' progress here. [steps in manure, trying to laugh it off] ... Darn! Heh.
Dwight: There's a hose out back.
- Permalink: Uh, Dwight, if we pay extra, could you slaughter the entrees the...
I swallowed all your ideas. I'm going to digest them and see what comes out the other end.Michael
- Permalink: I swallowed all your ideas. I'm going to digest them and see wha...
[to Toby] You are the silent killer. Go back to the annex.Michael
- Permalink: You are the silent killer. Go back to the annex.