The Originals Quotes
[to Davina] One of the tragic consequencecs of war. Innocent bystanders.Klaus
- Permalink: One of the tragic consequencecs of war. Innocent bystanders.
If I had a dollar for every mess my family's gotten me into...Rebekah
- Permalink: If I had a dollar for every mess my family's gotten me into...
Father Kieran: Never forget, Marcel, that you live in this city by the grace of those who know your secret and tolerate it.
Marcel: And this city thrives because of me and my people. Any time you need a reminder of that just let me know.
- Permalink: Never forget, Marcel, that you live in this city by the grace of...
Klaus: The world is an awful place. Best to meet it on its own terms.
Cami: No, the world isn't awful. People are not awful. They want to be good. Something makes them bad. Something breaks them down, makes them snap.
- Permalink: The world is an awful place. Best to meet it on its own terms. ...
Cami: I don't believe in evil as a diagnosis. I think you have unstable personal relationships, stress related paranoia, chronic anger issues, fear of abandonment. I think you could benefit from talking to someone. Professionally.
Klaus: I think I prefer to talk to you.
- Permalink: I don't believe in evil as a diagnosis. I think you have unstabl...
Over the course of my life I've encountered no shortage of those who would presume to speak of good and evil. Such terms mean nothing. People do what is in their best interest, regardless of who gets hurt. Is it evil to take what one wants, to satisfy hunger even if doing so will cause another suffering? What some would call evil, I believe to be an appropriate response to a harsh and unfair world.Klaus
- Permalink: Over the course of my life I've encountered no shortage of those...
Klaus: What is it about my brother that always inspires such instant admiration?
Hayley: He was kind to me.
- Permalink: What is it about my brother that always inspires such instant ad...
Klaus: You really like her, don't you?
Marcel: I like that she's not a part of any of this. Sometimes it's good to see the world the way the humans do.
- Permalink: You really like her, don't you? I like that she's not a part o...
[to Thierry] Here's a lesson in friendship. Friends don't lie to me. They don't break the rules. And they do not steal what is mine.Marcel
- Permalink: Here's a lesson in friendship. Friends don't lie to me. They don...
[to Cami] Guess I'm what you call a necessary evil.Marcel
- Permalink: Guess I'm what you call a necessary evil.
Cami: I'm beginning to think your sister's a bit of a bitch.
Klaus: It's as though she invented the term.
- Permalink: I'm beginning to think your sister's a bit of a bitch. It's as...
Cami: You clean up pretty well yourself.
Klaus: Oh, don't be fooled, love. I'm the devil in disguise.
- Permalink: You clean up pretty well yourself. Oh, don't be fooled, love. ...
They say the passage of time will heal all wounds, but the greater the loss, the deeper the cut and the more difficult the process to become whole again. The pain may fade, but scars serve as a reminder of our suffering and make the bearer all the more resolved never to be wounded again. So as time moves along we get lost in distractions, act out in frustration, react with aggression, give in to anger, and all the while we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger, and before we know it, the time passes. We are healed. Ready to begin anew.Klaus
We were innocent once, Elijah. This bloodlust was forced upon us by our parents, turning us from prey to predator. We are the demons lurking in shadow. We are the savage villains in fairy tales told to children. But not for my child. Not for Hope. In her story, we are the knights in shining armor. Without you by my side, I don't think I can survive my own love for my daughter. I need you. I need you, brother. The monster in me can only be checked by the monster in you. Only together can we defeat our demons and save our family.Klaus