Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
San Francisco is a great city for many reasons, but aspiring American Idol talent isn't one of them.
Here's a rundown of the singer that led a weak crop of contestant on the most recent audition episode of the show. Each received a ticket to Hollywood...
- Tatiana Del Toro: 22, singer/actress from San Juan, Puerto Rico. Sang “Never Loved a Man” by Aretha Franklin and was panned by Simon for being over the top. Approved by other judges and laughed like a maniac as a result.
- Jesus Valenzula: 29, fleet manager from North Highlands, CA. Sang “Nice and Slow” by Usher. Again, everyone except for Simon said okay.
- John Twiford: 27, music teacher from Sherman Oaks, CA. Went with “Overjoyed” by Stevie Wonder.
- Allison Iraheta: Just 16 years old and still in high school. From Los Angeles. Sang “Natural Woman” by Aretha Franklin. Viewers only saw a brief clip of her.
- Raquel Houghton: Random fun fact: the ex-girlfriend of Dane Cook! A waitress/bartender from Los Angeles that chose “Son of a Preacher Man” by Dusty Springfield. Probably the best of the night.
- Adam Lambert: Very theatrical, which made sense due to stage acting background. Fom Hollywood, CA. Auditioned with “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen. Looks like Pete Wentz on Halloween. Just sayin.
- Kai Kalama: Takes care of ailing mother. Back story better than vocal chops; but 26-year old musician from San Clemente, CA was approved for next round.