What You See
Blue Bloods Season 1 Episode 5 (10/22/10)
On this episode...
- Steven Haas (a.k.a. Khalid Hassan) is arrested in a terrorist raid. He has instructions for a car bomb on his computer but no bomb is found. Police believe the bomb is in a dark SUV and its target is somewhere in Manhattan.
- Danny has a history with Steven/Khalid. He picked him up for an unrelated crime years ago. Danny is now tasked with his interrogation. Steven lets it slip that the target is a park.
- All dark SUV’s are being pulled over at checkpoints around the city. When detectives sort through the records of those let go without a full search they realize that Steven’s cousin, Mary Jo Haas was one of those people.
- Mary Jo is an extremist Islamic convert. She is upset that her husband is divorcing her and getting custody of their son. She plans to blow up herself, her son, and her husband so that they will always be together. She’s asked her husband to meet them at Washington Square Park.
- Danny finds Mary Jo and with the help of his partner manages to get Mary Jo and her son out of the vehicle before she can detonate the bomb.