After spending months tracking down his target, Tony is left with the blood of an NCIS agent on his hands in the ninth season premiere.
- Tony wakes up with a concussion and cannot remember what happened. Dr. Cranston helps him flesh it out.
- Gibbs tries to work the case from the outside, since Tony won't tell him what secret mission he's been assigned.
- Tony hunts down E.J. regarding the missing microchip, but it turns out she is NOT the one in the photo.
- Scott Wolf introduced himself as FBI agent Stratton, but he's clearly not who he's making himself out to be.
- It turned out that it was Cade's photo, and he was being set up, along with Tony and E.J., by Stratton.
- Stratton is working for a secret agency, ONI, and is now firmly in Gibbs' crosshairs for this season.