On the first new episode of 2012...
- Stefan convinces Bonnie to use the former witch house to cast a spell and keep Klaus' family coffins invisible from anyone who enters.
- Damon later confronts his brother and makes a deal to help him get back at Klaus. They don't tell Elena about the arrangement.
- For Jeremy's own safety - after Klaus compels him and he nearly kills himself by stepping into traffic - Elena has Damon compel her brother to forget Mystic Falls and start a new life in Colorado.
- Alaric saves Jeremy's life by pushing him out of the way of a car and meets Dr. Meredith Fell at the hospital, someone fascinated by his ability to heal quickly.
- Tyler tries to explain the difference between siring and compulsion, but then feels badly after Jeremy tells him what Klaus did to him and also tells him to be careful, someone always dies when Klaus is involved.
- Elena gives a daggered Rebekah back to her brother in exchange for the safety of those she loves. Klaus is busy building a dream home for his family.
- Damon kisses Elena to close the episode because, hey, he might as well have something to feel guilty over.
I can't drink all this by myself. I mean, I can. But then someone is getting naked.Damon
- Permalink: I can't drink all this by myself. I mean, I can. But then someon...
Elena: The Stefan that we know is gone.
Bonnie: How is Damon handling that?
Elena: Damon is... Damon.
- Permalink: The Stefan that we know is gone. How is Damon handling that? ...