Soon after the Fox fall schedule was unveiled this morning, President Kevin Reilly hopped on the phone with TV Fanatic and a number of other outlets to expand his thoughts on a number of new and returning programs.
Highlights from the conference call include:
- Reilly confirmed Glee Season 6 will bring this series to an end and said he will soon sit down with Ryan Murphy to discuss airing fewer than 22 episodes. It will premiere in early 2015 with no reruns.
- "The format of [American Idol] will change," Reilly said, noting that it will likely air a two-hour episode once per week.
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2 will be comprised of 18 episodes.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine will move to Sundays as an attempt to "return to our roots," Reilly said, noting past success of non-animated Sunday comedies such as Malcolm in the Middle and Married with Children.
- Gotham has received a 16-episode first season order.