After the Bones season 11 Episode 22 finale that had me quite literally yelling, "It's Zack! It's Zack!" at my screen, it’s finally time to find out what happens next.
The Bones Season 12 premiere airs on Tuesday, January 3rd, which is a new night and time (again) for the final season of Bones.
No, we're not happy about the term "final season," but have been enjoying reading the denial of the showrunners of late, too, and possibilities for the show living on. Keep the fire burning, you guys.
But we're here to talk about the now, and that means spoilers.
If you want to go completely SPOILER FREE, you should probably STOP READING NOW!
But if you’d like some clue about what’s to come on Bones Season 12 Episode 1, read on…
Yes, Zack is back. We already saw him on the video preview for the episode, but let's take another look before we dig into the dynamics of the hour itself.
After all, it's really been a long time since we've been really close to Zack, and FOX has given to us a great gift.
The gift of an extended trailer for Bones Season 12 to reacquaint us with all things Zack Addy.
Take a deep breath and watch who he was, and more importantly, who he became before was locked away and targeted our beloved Brennan:
There are some big questions that will be answered. Has Zack killed before? Does anyone know for certain the truth behind all of Zack's actions? Will we ever know?
That's just part of what we'll discover, and in a recent interview with TV Guide, Zack's portrayer, Eric Milligan, promised, "You'll find out everything."
Now that that's our of the way. It's your last chance. If you'd rather Tuesday's new episode of Bones come as a complete surprise to you, please turn back now.
If not, you've been warned. Here we go!
This is creepy to the power of ten.Hodgins
- That Bones quote holds true for this installment as well as the last.
- Why is everything so dark? I’m watching my screener on my laptop but I’m hoping when I get to watch it live on TV, I can see more detail. On the upside, the darkness definitely adds to the suspense.
- Zack has a nasty scar and Dr. Sweets is part of how he got it.
- Apparently Zack is quite the genius. He can break out of a criminal sanitarium at will, he can hack just about anything, and even his medical expertise appears to have grown over the years.
- Zack has been keeping tabs on his friends for years, but there’s one person from this group that he does NOT consider a friend. There’s even a picture to prove it.
- Someone you'd never expect says this: "If I had been in that basement, this needle here wouldn’t be in evidence. Nope, I would have shoved it down his throat and made sure it punctured every one of his organs on the way down."
- Zack has been interfering in one of his friend’s lives in a way that no one expected, and the results take a turn I never expected.
- At times during this episode, I believed that at least five different characters could be the killer, including Zack.
- In the end, I cried.
Check back in on Tuesday night for my review of "The Final Chapter: The Hope In the Horror." I'll get into the history of the group, why I cried and so much more. I'll see you then!
C. Orlando is a TV Fanatic Staff Writer. Follow her on Twitter.