Another key character is returning to HBO's Big Little Lies.
According to TV Line, Adam Scott has closed a deal to return for the sophomore run of the hit series as a regular.
His return was up in the air because he is currently a series regular on Fox's Ghosted, but production of that show is expected to conclude before Big Little Lies resumes production.
Scott plays Ed aka Madeline's husband on Big Little Lies. His character never got much time to shine on Big Little Lies Season 1, but given the fact that Madeline was stepping out on him, we're sure there will be fireworks to come.
Scott is the latest cast member to ink a deal to return. Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Alexander Skarsgård, Zoë Kravitz, James Tupper, Jeffrey Nordling, Laura Dern are already signed up to appear.
Meanwhile, Meryl Streep has signed up to appear as Perry's mother, and we're sure she'll be going toe-to-toe with Kidman's Celeste about what happened to her son.
HBO recently revealed some details about the leading female characters. They read as follows:
- Celeste: Reeling from her husband Perry’s death, Celeste is adrift, but determined to fight for her family and find the woman she once was.
- Madeline: Finding that good intentions don’t always yield good consequences, Madeline confronts the truth of Perry’s death, while coming to terms with her own marriage and traditional notions of family.
- Jane: While processing Perry’s sudden death, Jane is trying to build a new life for herself and Ziggy.
- Renata: The epitome of control, Renata is now faced with new challenges in her marriage.
- Bonnie: Bonnie struggles with Perry’s death and is forced to face demons in her past.
Okay, Big Little Lies Fanatics!
What do you think of this casting news?
Hit the comments below!
Big Little Lies returns in 2019.
Paul Dailly is the Associate Editor for TV Fanatic. Follow him on Twitter.