This week's episode of Big Love continued down the maddening path that Bill brought us into seven days ago.
"Seat at the Table" had many different storylines, all taking place at the same time. In order for this not to get too confusing, I will break down the episode into sections by each of the main characters:
- Barb: She clearly is trying to find not only her own voice, but to understand her beliefs. She is now questioning everything she ever believed in. From drinking alcohol to trying to bless Margene, Barb just wants to find her way. She tried to seek the help from her mother, but her mom just can't be there for her. Dancing is the only thing that brings peace in her life.
- Margene: Trying to understand how she got to where she is today, Margene heads back to where she grew up. Only, when she gets there, the trailer is gone. This symbolized that her past is gone and her present is not what she imagined it to be. When Margene got word that Ana is leaving town, she was very distraught. It seemed like Margene is only one step away from running away, but there is a glimmer of hope at the end of the episode. Bill told her all he wanted is for her to be happy and for the fist time this season she cracked a smile.
- Nikki: Caroline is Nikki's top priority. All Nikki wants for her is everything. The best that life can offer. When Nikki sees that Caroline is crushing on a boy, she quickly tries to nip it in the bud. This irritates her enough to drill Barb and Margene on their parenting skills. Although Nikki has come a long way, she still has so much to learn in etiquette and proper.
- Bill: Moving forward in politics is not an easy task. This week, Bill tried to get his new bill (Safety Net) passed. What he believed would be a win blew up in his face. The statesmen and polygamist leaders felt ambushed. Interestingly enough, Alby sat through the whole thing with a big smile on his face. It almost seemed like he planned this whole fiasco. It is going to take a miracle for Bill to get through this mess without ending up behind bars.
- Adaleen: The episode opened with her trying to get pregnancy help with a doctor and ended with her taking some sort of shot. This woman has never been the sanest, so would it be that crazy of her to want to keep the child?
- Lois: Back for the first time this season and already a big ole' mess! When Bill found Lois in her house, I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. This poor old woman is bat sh*t crazy. Thankfully, Bill had enough sympathy to invite her to stay with them. Wonder what the wives with think about their mother-in-law being a permanent house guest?
We still have yet to see where Frank is. My best guess? Doing something illegal.
Only two episodes into the final season and so much has already happened. I know we are just at the tip of the iceberg with everything and can't wait to see what happens next week. What did you think of this week's episode?