Two steps forward, one step back.
After two great episodes, Greek stumbled a bit with “Subclass Plagiostomi.” The hour packed in so much that it lost its footing. I am all for the main characters getting their own stories, but a couple minutes here and there doesn’t make for a smooth episode.
It was Casey’s time to shine in her Elle Woods persona for a mock trial against Evan. Once again, he proved to be a jerk, making a mess of Casey’s research for the project. For a mere second, I didn’t hate him. He had me fooled, telling Casey his feelings. But, of course, he was just trying to throw her off her game.
As much of an arrogant and heartless person he is, Evan is going to make a pretty good lawyer.Mean Rebecca returned and was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed her and Evan together in their good times, but she had lost her edge. This week, it came back with a vengeance. Her jabs at Natalie and her sorority had me rolling. With only a few episodes remaining, Rebecca and the ZBZ’s better go out on top. I have no doubt they will.
Finally, some headway with the Omega Chi/Dale situation. Although the pledge talent show left Dale alone on stage in his underwear, it was a great moment. Not only did he have some moves, but it showed (not in a super corny way) who his real brothers are.
Maybe the reason Calvin had no idea about the plan is because he is always with the KTs. He dates one, he is best friends with one, he hangs out at their house all the time... he and Dale should just join the house already. Then maybe Cappie can finally get his book club back.
A few other thoughts:
- Cappie and Ashleigh were pretty entertaining. In a way, they can bring out the grown up side of each other.
- No screen time for Beaver and Catherine. This just isn’t right.
- Ashleigh and Simon broke up. Is she headed into the arms of Rusty? What will this mean for Casey and the research assistant position?
- Does anyone else cringe when Natalie “the gnome” is on? Definitely rooting for Rebecca to take her down a notch.
- Loved the nod to season one ZBZ pledge class using the same dance and song for the talent show as performed in the Omega Chi front yard.
Overall, an episode that didn’t really bring the excitement. With the final semester coming to a close, there are quite a few arcs to wrap up. What does the future holds for our favorite Greeks? I'm anxious to find out.