Grey's Anatomy > Grey's Anatomy Round Table: "Dark Was the Night" > Comments Page 2
Cliffhanger: Only one is a cliffhanger if you define cliffhanger is not knowing what may happen: the road scene. As a nurse myself, one who has much experience in unusual nursing in 3 countries, I can tell you that is an "anything can happen" moment leaving the viewer's mind roaming in all kinds of directions.
Can someone tell me if the ambulance rolled over when it was hit. I can'tfigure that one out. Yet again significant MerDer happenings during a tunder storm.
My fave scene where reasonable Der suddenly woke up to the fact he needed to be a caring husband to Meredith. Der doesn't seem to be looking forward to Mer punishing him the way he's been punishing her.
5. Altman will have serious issues with Hunt(especially) and Webber not telling her about herhubby dying.Cris will have a megga amount of guilt about Henry dying. Not good the way she was set up to do the operation. Cris and Owen will have that conversation about Owen wanting children.
Adele's wrongly given Altzhiemers drug will stop working and Adele will call Meredith Ellis again! Ihope this happens in front of people like Bailey, Webber and Derek this time, they need to understand Mer's guilt over the way Ellis had an affair with Webber.
I really believe Zola will be back withMerDer very soon when GA returns next year.
@lee I totally agree about Jackson! I love him anyways but it really pissed me off how he first entered the show being a badass resident/surgeon who was like the male version of Yang and gave her a run for her money and then shortly after they made him seem incompetent and a perpetual screwup. That made my blood boil how they somehow dumbed him down. I'm grateful that now with Sloan he's found his footing and is back to being the competent surgeon that we were introduced to, so this entire screw thing irritated me, because somehow as per usual it'll end up being his fault.
@AlexisAwesome I SOO agree about everyone being accountable for Mer's actions but her. That has been frustrating me the entire time. Everyone is paying the price, their careers were permanently altered for better or for worst and Alex was villianized even though if she hadn't have screwed up he wouldn't have had anything to say to begin with, and Mer got off scott free.Been driving me nuts!
Why is it not coming back until Jan? Anybody know. And when it does come back is it going to be months later or still in that moment. There used to more info on this site. What happened. Is this the last season?
one sloppy mistake in the episode made me nuts: one minute it's POURING rain and 2-3 minutes later?, after an explosion, the ambulance doors open and there's not a drop to be seen. hello?
I hope there's some kind of real compe-uppance, consequences for the horrifying "forgotten screw shreds patient's left ventricle into hamburger meat"! !! yikes.
Henry's death re-opened the fascinating, o-l-d question, for me: will Teddy and Owen end up together, after all?!
the grand soap opera continues! lots o' drama
1. The best scene would have to be Cristina finding out that she had basically killed Teddy's husband, I love how sad, dramatic, and shocking it was!
2. Biggest cliff hangar had to be Teddy not knowing her husband is dead! Sure Mer and Alex stranded is a biiig cliff hanger but there will be a car that comes along and saves them. Teddy will be so heart broken!
3. I like that Jackson is sort of finding himself and his relationship with Sloan developing.
4. The most unused character would have to be April or Lexie we have seen very little of either of them.
5. I predict that Teddy will actually take the death very well, i mean she married a man with a chronic illness! Also I have to hope that baby Zola will come back to her true parents and that Lexie will get with Sloan and hopefully become baby Sofia's step mommy!!! Oh and Cristina will feel very bad and try to stay on Teddy's good side!!
1. Best scene was Alex telling Meredith she's not a quitter.
2. The only cliff hanger was what Meredith/Alex will do at the accident scene.
3. Favorite arc has been Richard's helping other people besides Meredith. I hate - hate - that everybody else except Meredith is paying for her actions. But I do like seeing the real Chief happy and operating again.
4. I'd love for Alex to have a story of his own; he's underused just because there's so much to know about his family, and he needs a girl friend already.
5. Predictions: Zola returns, Owen sleeps with Teddy, Alex continues to get shit on by the writers, Adele/Richard situation gets worse. Could not care less about any of the other characters.
1.Best scene when Meredith fully realises that she won't see Zola again. Mer can't breath when things become difficult, she's not one to cry. But you could see her pain and grief at the loss of Zola.
2. Anyone faced with a dilemma of how to help 3 car crash victims, on a stormy night whilst caring for a newborn baby who needs a life saving op wins my vote. Everyone else is indoors, safe and dry! LOL
3. Mer is having a really tough time with her marriage and her job and still she keeps going. All caused by her own actions of course, but gotta love such a flawed lead character
4. I miss Der and Sloan together
5. Avery and Callie will face a lot of fall out from Avery's botched operation, not sure that lady will still be alive in 8.10
Altman will not be happy with Hunt's putting his chief of surgery responsibilities before his duties as her friend. Cris will feel guilt over wanting to time herself, and letting Henry die.
I want to see how Adele is doing and the promised visi
I'm probably the only person to think that Mer, Alex and the bodies are the better cliffhanger. Maybe it's because I'm stupid, and can't seem to figure out exactly what happened with that explosion, and the car. Such a random ending. Maybe it's because I don't see the inevitable (Teddy's grief, Cristina's guilt) as being a cliffhanger, despite how gutwrenching it was to watch. I definitely hope that Callie has to take the fall for the screw patient, mainly because I'm tired of the show setting Jackson up to make mistakes. It would be much more interesting to see how Callie as an attending has to deal with the consequences, rather than to see another resident like Jackson (who was brought on and started out seeming like a male version of Cristina) take the fall.
favorite scene-> Cri&Owen in scrub room scene
the best cliffhanger in Ep9-> Teddy didn't know Henry's death
S8 favorite arc-> Cristina's abortion
predictions for the Jan return of GA-> well, all of orignals still are alive
1. Cristina telling Owen the outcome of the patient and then realizing it was Henry. God, that was painful to watch. Sandra Oh really is amazing and she deserves so much credit for everything that she did in this episode. It was hard enough to watch Henry die but it became more painful when we saw Cristina's reaction.
2. Teddy not knowing about Henry's death, for sure. It wasn't just that she was yet to find out about his fate but a lot of it had to do with how Owen lied to her. She was going through the rest of the surgery rather chipper and every time she mentioned something about Henry, my heart was swelling up. Her finding out about his death will certainly be something to look forward to in 2012.
3. I've probably liked Alex's the most. It was subtle in the sense that nothing too big happened with him but I felt like there was a lot of meaning to it. He's shown a lot about character growth and development this season cause we've seen him mature in a number of ways so that's n
I think Teddy might not be able to handle the big blow that Herry is gone. Owen and Chrisrina might seperate because of this. Terry will never forgive them...Teddy might left this season. As for Mark and Lexis, for god sake! They should be given a chance to be back together after all these up and down.Two of them belongs to each others ! Looking forward to more stories between Sloan and Lexis on 2012.
When Teddys Henry died... tears streamed down my cheeks.... to lose the husband you love can is devistating!!! Made me very thankful for my husband to be. Also, love Christians reaaction when finding out who her patient was!!! What an amazing actress!!! Keep up the good work!!! I will try to make it til Jan!!!
I reckon that Mer's head injury will be worse that it looks. They will save the baby, the bodies on the road are dead. The look on both Mer and Alex's faces, was more the fact that the truck/car that hit them was on fire and fuel was leaking on the road, if that hits the ambulance then fireworks!
Mer will keep hold of the baby all the way back to SGMW and collapse once she hands her to Robbins. Derek will have to save her again, but this time in the or!
Christina was amazing over the whole Henry thing. She will fall out with Owen and disappear to the bar, where she will meet Alex who will tell her about Mer.
Teddy will be beyond saving. She will walk away. No one will be able to comfort her.
Callie and Jackson's patient will live, but Owen will have to repremand them. Teddy may well take her grief over Henry out on them.
Mer will wake up after surgery to find Derek walking in with Zola....
We can dream.....
i don't think teddy will blame cristina, i think she'll blame owen. i also think it will cause major problems in cristina and owen's relationship. i know i would be pissed as hell if someone kept that from me. i was just watching all her glib comments and thinking god, she is going to regret that when she realises it's henry. i don't think she would have tried harder if it was henry, but i think it makes a difference knowing. i want to know what on earth happened to the car that ran into meredith and alex's ambulance- surely a head-on collision wouldn't cause that much fire and charred bodies
1. When Yang found out the truth. I pretty much stopped breathing the moment he was prounounced dead and stared on in twisted horror as it slowly unfolded and Yang learned the truth. owen was exceptional as well.
2.to put it bluntly...I don't give a damn about Mer. I thought the accident was horrid but we've seen Mer in so many life or death situations, that frankly I don't even blink anymore. Teddy and Henry...evenn though it's a rehash of Izzie and Denny and I'm not fond of that lapse of originality from the writers, I was horrified over the cliffie of Teddy still not knowing. That is what will be the most difficult but the most interesting thing to watch.I HATE that they killed Henry off, because they've done it before and it was like a deliberate attempt to gut the viewer and it was an unecessary emotional suckerpunch to the viewer, but it was effective. I'm not even a huge teddy fan but I want to see what happens next.
3.Ummmmmmm. The chief becoming one of the gang. I still lo
Best Scene: Cristina breaking down after finding out that it was Henry she was operating on. Also like Cristina/Derek scene when she tell's him he has nothing to worry about, Mer will never leave him.
Cliffhanger: Teddy and knowing that Henry has died. Although my heart was pounding about what was going to happen to Mer/Alex but when they got out of the ambulance and weren't in danger i breathed again.
Fav Arc: Definately Mer/Der, didn't enjoy McGrumpy but now that he has finally realised he was just as much to blame, i can hear the words "I want you back in Neuro" ringing in my ears. When Mer get's back to the ER from the road trip i don't Derek is going to let her go and will breakdown in her arms this time saying i don't want to lose you and apologising for everything.
Underused: Mark/Lexi but i think this SL is building and will come to a head when Mark's new fling get's called to SGMW for an emergency operation with Mark/Derek/Lexi and Derek will have to play referee b
Wait! Seriously I have to wait until January to see how it all turns out?! That's just wrong! I was counting down the days until Thursday! I figured they'd be no new episode the week of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years- but not a whole month and a half! Come on! I am basically a single mom of a 8 year old w Aspergers, a 7 year old, and a 10 month old born on 12/31/10 who almost died as well as myself while my husband was in Iraq. He is there again... My sanity is saved by watching my Favorite Show off the DVR once everyone is asleep. Now I have temporally lost my Thursday night me time and I have to wait until January to see how it all goes... Ugh! Craziness! :(
I feel so sorry for Teddy. Hope Teddy,Christina and Owen can help each other get over this. Mer/Der will move on. Maybe Mer will fall pregnant.Please let us see more of Mark and less of self centred Callie.Hope we see more interesting surgeries and less of Calzona. It's going to be hard to wait until next year for GA to resume.
I was confused by what Mer and Alex were hit by too..I couldn't tell.
January? When did that happen? Crap!
I was wondering what the ambulance was hit with when Mer and Alex went flying. They didn't seem too concerned. I would have thought they would be sticking their heads out right away. Don't know why they were so surprised.
What a shame Henry had to die. He's always been a favorite actor of mine. I wouldn't be a bit surprised that Teddy leaves the hospital/show over this.
I also have to agree that I think Sloan is the most underused. He's a really great actor and needs more scenes. Perhaps when he and Lexie get back together?
Best Scene: Too many good scenes... but the best scene was when Christina found out it was Henry that died... It was an amazing scene, Sandra Oh needs an Emmy for her continued amazing performances week after week after week after week since 2005 when she first graced our screens.
Best Cliffhanger: Tie between Teddy and Mer. It was heartbreaking the way she was carrying on and being happy when we all knew that Henry the love of her life died... I can't imagine what I would go through when I see three severly injured bodies on the road plus a baby with a life threatening condition. Its gonna be helluva hectic ep...
My favorite arc has been the Mer/Der arc. The fact that they are trying to find a middle ground in which to keep their marriage and life together. Mer has matured a great deal over the years and its good that they are not just becoming boring but that there is an actual story for them. I was worried that now that they are married there wouldn't be much for them to do
You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Login or Register.
Remember My Info