Derek Shepherd Quotes
Meredith: I'm going to miss you.
Derek: This can work. We can make this work. We will.
- Permalink: This can work. We can make this work. We will.
Derek: My resume will kick your resume's ass. I am better than you.
Amelia: Oh my God, there's no limit to your narcissism.
Derek: I have been playing this game longer than you at a much higher level. That is all there is to it.
Amelia: Bite me.
- Permalink: Bite me.
You wanna stay here and not come with me? Why not? Seems to be a trend recently.
Meredith: I’m taking my son with me because I don’t want his first word to be hypothalamus.
Derek: There are worst first words.
- Permalink: There are worst first words.
It was a revolutionary glob of spit.
- Permalink: It was a revolutionary glob of spit.
We know that every connection matters. Every connection is crucial and when one is broken, it usually means that the damage has been done. This system of connection compels us to act, choose and behave... sometimes seemingly against our own will, but it is not random at all. It is the map of who we are. We will work to understand ourselves... solve the puzzle of how all the connections work and how all the pieces fit.
- Permalink: We know that every connection matters. Every connection is cruci...
Meredith: You pulled a sleeping baby out of daycare to do your dirty work. You're disgusting!
Derek: He's got his mother's sparkle.
- Permalink: You pulled a sleeping baby out of daycare to do your dirty work....
Meredith: An hour and a half at the store to buy milk?
Derek: I think I might have closed my eyes in the store parking lot.
- Permalink: An hour and a half at the store to buy milk? I think I might...
He's hungry. My nipples are of no use to him.
- Permalink: He's hungry. My nipples are of no use to him.
He's perfect. He's just perfect.
- Permalink: He's perfect. He's just perfect.
Meredith: We're having a c-section in the dark.
Derek: Yes, we are.
- Permalink: We're having a c-section in the dark. Yes, we are.
We are throwing Bailey under the bus.
- Permalink: We are throwing Bailey under the bus.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
When we say things like "people don't change" it drives scientist crazy because change is literally the only constant in all of science. Energy. Matter. It's always changing, morphing, merging, growing, dying. It's the way people try not to change that's unnatural. The way we cling to what things were instead of letting things be what they are. The way we cling to old memories instead of forming new ones. The way we insist on believing despite every scientific indication that anything in this lifetime is permanent. Change is constant. How we experience change that's up to us. It can feel like death or it can feel like a second chance at life. If we open our fingers, loosen our grips, go with it, it can feel like pure adrenaline. Like at any moment we can have another chance at life. Like at any moment, we can be born all over again.Meredith
- Permalink: When we say things like people don't change it drives scientist ...