Mark Sloan Quotes
Derek: That's my chair.
Mark: I know I like it. Makes me feel powerful.
- Permalink: That's my chair. I know I like it. Makes me feel powerful.
[lying with Callie and Arizona] This isn't gonna work for me ...
- Permalink: This isn't gonna work for me ...
[to Callie] You're MY friend, not hers. Don't you take her side!
- Permalink: You're MY friend, not hers. Don't you take her side!
[to Lexie] I can't even look at you right now.
- Permalink: I can't even look at you right now.
Mark: Don't make me choose between you are her.
Lexie: Why? Because you'll choose her?
Mark: Yeah. I'll choose her.
Lexie: I think our relationship just ended.
- Permalink: Don't make me choose between you are her. Why? Because you'll ...
Because of you, for the first time in my life, I know what the right thing is.
- Permalink: Because of you, for the first time in my life, I know what the r...
I know I've only been your father for a short time, but I swear, if you say gimp one more time, I'm gonna slap you.
- Permalink: I know I've only been your father for a short time, but I swear,...
Addison: You told her?
Mark: She's my kid. We were bonding.
Addison: That's now how you bond with children.
Mark: I'm still getting the hang of it.
- Permalink: You told her? She's my kid. We were bonding. That's now how ...
Addison: Let me say it once: Grandpa... Grandpa, grandpa, grandpa!
Mark: Okay. That was four times. Get it out of your system?
- Permalink: Grandpa... Grandpa, grandpa, grandpa! Okay. That was four time...
Get me Addison Montgomery!
- Permalink: Get me Addison Montgomery!
I'm a surgeon and I'm looking at a time bomb in a uterus. Shut it down now, Addison!
- Permalink: Shut it down now, Addison!
Mark: It's the guilt, you know? It's like every time I look at her... I just... The guilt is like a punch in the gut. Everyday.
Derek: Well, you shouldn't feel guilty, you didn't know.
Mark: I did know. I knew it when her mom got pregnant. She told me. I gave her a couple hundred bucks and I left town and I never saw her again. I figured she got an abortion. Hoped. But I did know.
Derek: Well you're a different guy now. You're not 18 anymore, you've grown up, and you're capable of better.
- Permalink: It's the guilt, you know? It's like every time I look at her... ...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.
Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.
Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
- Permalink: Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks differe...