Meredith Grey Quotes
As babies, we were easy. One cry meant you were hungry, another you were tired. It's only as adults that we become difficult. They start to hire feelings, put up walls. It gets to the point where we don't really know what anyone thinks or feels. Without meaning to, we become masters of disguise.
- Permalink: As babies, we were easy. One cry meant you were hungry, another ...
Derek's a tumor junkie!
- Permalink: Derek's a tumor junkie!
Meredith: Are you two talking yet or just having sex?
Cristina: Not just sex. Hot, dirty, stand on my head sex.
- Permalink: Are you two talking yet or just having sex? Not just sex. Hot,...
No, you had a mother. Jackson and I had surgeons who procreated. It's just a little complicated.
- Permalink: No, you had a mother. Jackson and I had surgeons who procreated....
Sometimes it happens in an instance. We step up, we see a path forward. We see a path and we take it. Even when we have no idea where we're going.
- Permalink: Sometimes it happens in an instance. We step up, we see a path f...
Derek: I know you took her to protect her. I know you altered the trial for Adele and Richard. You stood in front of a bullet for me. I know why you do all of it. It's what I love about you.
Meredith: And hate about me.
- Permalink: I know you took her to protect her. I know you altered the trial...
Meredith: What do you need for me to say I'm sorry?
Derek: I need you to be sorry!
- Permalink: What do you need for me to say I'm sorry? I need you to be sor...
You work, you study, you prepare. Months and years leading to one day, the day when you step up. On that day you have to be ready for everything, but there's one thing you can never quite prepare for. A day when you step down.
- Permalink: You work, you study, you prepare. Months and years leading to on...
Okay, do you know what will happen to Christina if she has a kid that she doesn't want? It will almost kill her. Trying to pretend that she loves a kid as much as she loves surgery will almost kill her, and it'll almost kill your kid. Do you know what it's like to be raised by someone who didn't want you? I do. To know you stood in the way of your mother's career? I do. I was raised by a Christina. My mother was a Christina. And as the child she didn't want, I am telling you, don't do this to her, because she's kind and she cares and she won't make it. The guilt of resenting her own kid will eat her alive.
- Permalink: Okay, do you know what will happen to Christina if she has a kid...
When my mother left my father, she didn't tell him she was leaving and taking me with her until wed landed to the other side of the country. In those days, it was called family troubles. Today it'd be called kidnapping.
- Permalink: When my mother left my father, she didn't tell him she was leavi...
I think I stole a baby.
- Permalink: I think I stole a baby.
You think that true love is the only thing that can crush your heart; that will take your life and light it up or destroy it. Then you become a mother.
- Permalink: You think that true love is the only thing that can crush your h...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
When we say things like "people don't change" it drives scientist crazy because change is literally the only constant in all of science. Energy. Matter. It's always changing, morphing, merging, growing, dying. It's the way people try not to change that's unnatural. The way we cling to what things were instead of letting things be what they are. The way we cling to old memories instead of forming new ones. The way we insist on believing despite every scientific indication that anything in this lifetime is permanent. Change is constant. How we experience change that's up to us. It can feel like death or it can feel like a second chance at life. If we open our fingers, loosen our grips, go with it, it can feel like pure adrenaline. Like at any moment we can have another chance at life. Like at any moment, we can be born all over again.Meredith
- Permalink: When we say things like people don't change it drives scientist ...