Meredith Grey Quotes
Meredith: What do you need for me to say I'm sorry?
Derek: I need you to be sorry!
- Permalink: What do you need for me to say I'm sorry? I need you to be sor...
You work, you study, you prepare. Months and years leading to one day, the day when you step up. On that day you have to be ready for everything, but there's one thing you can never quite prepare for. A day when you step down.
- Permalink: You work, you study, you prepare. Months and years leading to on...
Okay, do you know what will happen to Christina if she has a kid that she doesn't want? It will almost kill her. Trying to pretend that she loves a kid as much as she loves surgery will almost kill her, and it'll almost kill your kid. Do you know what it's like to be raised by someone who didn't want you? I do. To know you stood in the way of your mother's career? I do. I was raised by a Christina. My mother was a Christina. And as the child she didn't want, I am telling you, don't do this to her, because she's kind and she cares and she won't make it. The guilt of resenting her own kid will eat her alive.
- Permalink: Okay, do you know what will happen to Christina if she has a kid...
When my mother left my father, she didn't tell him she was leaving and taking me with her until wed landed to the other side of the country. In those days, it was called family troubles. Today it'd be called kidnapping.
- Permalink: When my mother left my father, she didn't tell him she was leavi...
I think I stole a baby.
- Permalink: I think I stole a baby.
You think that true love is the only thing that can crush your heart; that will take your life and light it up or destroy it. Then you become a mother.
- Permalink: You think that true love is the only thing that can crush your h...
I can make jam and drive carpool and have play groups. Maybe that's enough.
- Permalink: I can make jam and drive carpool and have play groups. Maybe tha...
Do you have what it takes? If your marriage is in trouble, can you weather the storm? When the ground gives way and your world collapses, maybe you just need to have faith and trust that you can survive this together. Maybe you just need to hold on tight and no matter what, don't let go.
- Permalink: Do you have what it takes? If your marriage is in trouble, can y...
There's a reason I said I'd be happy alone. It wasn't 'cause I thought I'd be happy alone. It was because I thought if I loved someone and then it fell apart, I might not make it. It's easier to be alone, because what if you learn that you need love and you don't have it? What if you like it and lean on it? What if you shape your life around it and then it falls apart? Can you even survive that kind of pain? Losing love is like organ damage. It's like dying. The only difference is death ends. This? It could go on forever.
- Permalink: There's a reason I said I'd be happy alone. It wasn't 'cause I t...