Meredith Grey Quotes
If you ever cheat on me, I will kill you.
- Permalink: If you ever cheat on me, I will kill you.
Don't talk to me. She knew I would hate you and she didn't want me to hate you. You know what that means? She's planning on forgiving you or trying to find a way to forgive you. It doesn't matter if it was just sex. She didn't want me to know and now I do. So, don't.
- Permalink: Don't talk to me. She knew I would hate you and she didn't want ...
We are not having this conversation, just stop!
- Permalink: We are not having this conversation, just stop!
I was staring at Simba.
- Permalink: I was staring at Simba.
We have a phrase in the operating room. Don't pet the lion. It means no matter how nice a tumor looks, how small it is, how perfect it's margins may be, it's still a tumor. It's still dangerous and it can bite.
- Permalink: We have a phrase in the operating room. Don't pet the lion. It m...
Our intentions are always pure. We always want to do what is right, but we also have the drive to push boundaries. So we're in danger of taking things to far. We're told to do no harm while we're trained to cut you open with a knife. So when we do things when we should have left well enough alone. Because its hard to admit when there's no problem to treat, to let it alone before we make it so much worse. Because we cause terrible damage.
- Permalink: Our intentions are always pure. We always want to do what is rig...
Meredith: This is going to turn out like Rebecca.
Cristina: Oh, smashed up face? That was bad.
Meredith: She's going to fall for you, then go crazy, then pee on my couch.
- Permalink: This is going to turn out like Rebecca. Oh, smashed up face? T...
Lexie removed a tumor from a patient today and now he thinks we corked her.
- Permalink: Lexie removed a tumor from a patient today and now he thinks we ...
Derek: Come back to me.
Meredith: What's to miss in Neuro?
- Permalink: Come back to me. What's to miss in Neuro? Me.
We're trained to be vigilant, to chase down the problem, to ask all the right questions, to find the root cause until we know exactly what it is and we confront it. It takes an extreme amount of caution or we can't overstep ourselves. We can create problems that don't exist.
- Permalink: We're trained to be vigilant, to chase down the problem, to ask ...
You can seek the advice of others, surround yourself with trusted advisors. But in the end, the decision is always yours and yours alone. And when it's time to act and you're all alone with your back against the wall, the only voice that matters is the one in your head. The one telling you what you already knew. The one that's almost always right.
- Permalink: You can seek the advice of others, surround yourself with truste...
I haven't seen my husband or baby since yesterday and I don't even care because Callie blew my mind. I'm going to make the boards my bitch!
- Permalink: I haven't seen my husband or baby since yesterday and I don't ev...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.
Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.
Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
- Permalink: Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks differe...