Richard Webber Quotes
[to Mer] You weren't imagining things. You used to run around here with that doll on the time. Took her everywhere. Cafeteria, OR gallery. Tori's got a whole army. You didn't have anyone. Seeing Anatomy Jane ... reminded me of how much I'm to blame for that. You're a living reminder of every failure in my life. And that's not your fault. And if I thought 'I'm sorry' would hold any meaning for you at all, I'd say it. I'd say it a thousand times a day.
- Permalink: You weren't imagining things. You used to run around here with t...
Meredith: Why can't you look at me?
Meredith: You can't look at me. You haven't been able to look at me. All. Day.
Richard: I think you're imagining things.
Meredith: Oh. I don't think I am. But, hey, if you say so.
Richard: I do. I say so. So instead of worrying about whether or not I'm looking at you, maybe you should concentrate about saving a 10-year-old girl we're about to eviscerate.
- Permalink: Why can't you look at me? What? You can't look at me. You ha...
Richard: Gentlemen! I'd like you to meet the new head of trauma at Seattle Grace, Major Owen Hunt. You remember Mark Sloan, Derek Shepherd ...
Derek: Stole my patient.
Mark: Mine too.
Owen: Now you'll get a chance to steal mine.
- Permalink: Gentlemen! I'd like you to meet the new head of trauma at Seattl...
I just spoke with a friend of mine at the DOH. Now that we have Owen, we are being reclassified as a LEVEL 1 trauma unit by the end of the month!
- Permalink: I just spoke with a friend of mine at the DOH. Now that we have ...
Richard: You pulled off a 12-eprson domino surgery last week. That's the kind of thing we need every week. It's the kind of thing that shows me you're gonna be a great surgeon one day.
Miranda: Well thank you sir.
Richard: It's not enough. I don't want you to just be great Miranda. I want you to be the best. And if you're going to succeed me as the best general surgeon in this hospital than you need to start now. Today. Which means you need to be me.
- Permalink: You pulled off a 12-eprson domino surgery last week. That's the ...
Richard: You wanna take point on a surgery, take point. Problem comes up, solve it. Don't ask me, just do it. Be me.
Miranda: Be you.
Richard: Be me.
- Permalink: You wanna take point on a surgery, take point. Problem comes up,...
Richard: You're gonna have to put together a team, and come up with a plan to save her.
Miranda: Save a girl with an inoperable tumor?
Richard: It's not easy being me.
- Permalink: You're gonna have to put together a team, and come up with a pla...
Richard: What are you people doing?
Izzie: We were just, uh, just deciding which of our interns to give to George.
Cristina: Uh huh.
Miranda: Oh, you think I got to choose my interns? And I picked you people... 'cause you're all such a surgical dream team? [to Alex] You, you're lazy. [to Izzie] You're whiney. [to Meredith] Butter fingers over there... downright depressing. [to Cristina] You, Yang, you're just annoying. Choosing their own interns! What are ...
Richard: Give me those damn cards. [picks out four, hands cards to George] O'Malley, you have interns.
- Permalink: What are you people doing? We were just, uh, just deciding whi...
Richard: Hows she doing?
Meredith: I'm keeping a close eye on her, but so far she's completely stable.
Richard: Come with me. [walks down the hall] This man is very ill, may be dying. He's got a perfect healthy donor kidney that WASN'T dropped on the floor. There's only so much we can help, and so much we can hurt. Forgive yourself.
- Permalink: Hows she doing? I'm keeping a close eye on her, but so far she...
Richard: 'Bout time this hospital got some good publicity for a chance. Oh, heard you found a donor.
Miranda: Yes sir. The final piece of the puzzle has fallen into place.
Richard: This is the day Dr. Bailey. The day Seattle Grace comes back swingin'!
- Permalink: 'Bout time this hospital got some good publicity for a chance. O...
All eyes... are on Seattle Grace.
- Permalink: All eyes... are on Seattle Grace.
Richard: O'Malley: Test results.
Lexie: You passed! You're not an intern anymore!
- Permalink: Test results. You passed! You're not an intern anymore!
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
There's a reason I said I'd be happy alone. It wasn't 'cause I thought I'd be happy alone. It was because I thought if I loved someone and then it fell apart, I might not make it. It's easier to be alone, because what if you learn that you need love and you don't have it? What if you like it and lean on it? What if you shape your life around it and then it falls apart? Can you even survive that kind of pain? Losing love is like organ damage. It's like dying. The only difference is death ends. This? It could go on forever.Meredith
- Permalink: There's a reason I said I'd be happy alone. It wasn't 'cause I t...