Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 1: "Pilot" Quotes
Skye: What is an "O 84"
Coulson: You have exactly 10 minutes to decide if you want to know.
Skye: There is no way we can get back to the airfield in 10 mins.
Coulson: [presses button] The tide is rising.
- Permalink: What is an O 84 You have exactly 10 minutes to decide if you w...
Coulson: This is QMB-T16, it's the top-shelf martini of sodium thiopental. It's a brand new and extremely potent truth drug. Don't worry the effects only last about an hour.
Ward: You'll have a nice little nap, and we'll have all the answer...[Coulson injects him] Ouch!
Coulson: Did that hurt?
Ward: No, you've lost your mind. You should never do that to a member of your team. And yes, it did hurt a little bit, but I try to mask my pain in front of a beautiful woman, it makes me seem more masculine. MY GOD this stuff works fast.
- Permalink: This is QMB-T16, it's the top-shelf martini of sodium pentothal....
Ward: She's a groupy, all the hacking into SHIELD, tracking powers. She might as well be one of those sweaty Cosplay characters crowding around Stark tower.
Skye: WHAT?! I would... [whispers] it was just one time.
- Permalink: She's a groupy, all the hacking into SHIELD, tracking powers. Sh...
Coulson: We'll be making the calls, picking the ops, no red tape. [looks around] This is where they actually make the red tape isn't it?
May: You're really just asking me to drive the bus?
Coulson: No. [smiles] It's a really nice bus.
- Permalink: We'll be making the calls, picking the ops, no red tape. This i...
Coulson: Agent May.
Coulson: So you've been briefed.
May: I'm not going back into the field.
Coulson: Yeah, because you such a nice setup here. [looks at piles of papers] Ever thought about adding a moat?
- Permalink: Agent May. No. So you've been briefed. I'm not going back ...
You can't walk away from this. With great power comes.... a ton of weird crap you are not prepared to deal with.Skye
- Permalink: You can't walk away from this. With great power comes.... a ton ...
Doc: Tahiti. He really doesn't know does he?
Hill: He can never know.
- Permalink: Tahiti. He really doesn't know does he? He can never know.
Hill: It was a porcupine, not a poop.
Coulson: No, I'm pretty sure [looks at book]
- Permalink: It was a porcupine, not a poop. No, I'm pretty sure
Agent Hill did a very detailed assessment of your last three missions. Combat, top grades; Espionage, highest marks since Agent Romenoff. Under people skills, she drew what I think is a little poop, with knives sticking out of it.Coulson
- Permalink: Agent Hill did a very detailed assessment of your last three mis...
Ward: So Director Fury faked your death to motivate the Avengers?
Hill: The death of a comrade is a particularly effective motivator.
Coulson: It wasn't that big of stretch, I stopped breathing for 40 seconds
Hill: That time gets longer each time you tell it.
Coulson: You get shanked by the Asgardian Mussolini and you can tell it your way.
- Permalink: So Director Fury faked your death to motivate the Avengers? Th...
Hill: For that you will have to ask Agent Coulson.
Ward: I'm clearance level 6, I know that Coulson died before the battle of New York,
Coulson: [steps out of shadow] Welcome to level 7. Sorry, that corner was really dark, I couldn't help myself. I think there's a bulb out.
- Permalink: For that you will have to ask Agent Coulson. I'm clearance lev...
Hill: Then New York was invaded by aliens, and they were beaten back by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40s, and a god.
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god
Hill: You haven't been near his arms.
- Permalink: Then New York was invaded by aliens, and they were beaten back b...
Want more Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!