Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Skye: What is an "O 84"
Coulson: You have exactly 10 minutes to decide if you want to know.
Skye: There is no way we can get back to the airfield in 10 mins.
Coulson: [presses button] The tide is rising.
- Permalink: What is an O 84 You have exactly 10 minutes to decide if you w...
Coulson: This is QMB-T16, it's the top-shelf martini of sodium thiopental. It's a brand new and extremely potent truth drug. Don't worry the effects only last about an hour.
Ward: You'll have a nice little nap, and we'll have all the answer...[Coulson injects him] Ouch!
Coulson: Did that hurt?
Ward: No, you've lost your mind. You should never do that to a member of your team. And yes, it did hurt a little bit, but I try to mask my pain in front of a beautiful woman, it makes me seem more masculine. MY GOD this stuff works fast.
- Permalink: This is QMB-T16, it's the top-shelf martini of sodium pentothal....
Ward: She's a groupy, all the hacking into SHIELD, tracking powers. She might as well be one of those sweaty Cosplay characters crowding around Stark tower.
Skye: WHAT?! I would... [whispers] it was just one time.
- Permalink: She's a groupy, all the hacking into SHIELD, tracking powers. Sh...
Coulson: We'll be making the calls, picking the ops, no red tape. [looks around] This is where they actually make the red tape isn't it?
May: You're really just asking me to drive the bus?
Coulson: No. [smiles] It's a really nice bus.
- Permalink: We'll be making the calls, picking the ops, no red tape. This i...
Coulson: Agent May.
Coulson: So you've been briefed.
May: I'm not going back into the field.
Coulson: Yeah, because you such a nice setup here. [looks at piles of papers] Ever thought about adding a moat?
- Permalink: Agent May. No. So you've been briefed. I'm not going back ...
You can't walk away from this. With great power comes.... a ton of weird crap you are not prepared to deal with.Skye
- Permalink: You can't walk away from this. With great power comes.... a ton ...
Doc: Tahiti. He really doesn't know does he?
Hill: He can never know.
- Permalink: Tahiti. He really doesn't know does he? He can never know.
Hill: It was a porcupine, not a poop.
Coulson: No, I'm pretty sure [looks at book]
- Permalink: It was a porcupine, not a poop. No, I'm pretty sure
Agent Hill did a very detailed assessment of your last three missions. Combat, top grades; Espionage, highest marks since Agent Romenoff. Under people skills, she drew what I think is a little poop, with knives sticking out of it.Coulson
- Permalink: Agent Hill did a very detailed assessment of your last three mis...
Ward: So Director Fury faked your death to motivate the Avengers?
Hill: The death of a comrade is a particularly effective motivator.
Coulson: It wasn't that big of stretch, I stopped breathing for 40 seconds
Hill: That time gets longer each time you tell it.
Coulson: You get shanked by the Asgardian Mussolini and you can tell it your way.
- Permalink: So Director Fury faked your death to motivate the Avengers? Th...
Hill: For that you will have to ask Agent Coulson.
Ward: I'm clearance level 6, I know that Coulson died before the battle of New York,
Coulson: [steps out of shadow] Welcome to level 7. Sorry, that corner was really dark, I couldn't help myself. I think there's a bulb out.
- Permalink: For that you will have to ask Agent Coulson. I'm clearance lev...
Hill: Then New York was invaded by aliens, and they were beaten back by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40s, and a god.
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god
Hill: You haven't been near his arms.
- Permalink: Then New York was invaded by aliens, and they were beaten back b...