Arrested Development Season 1 Quotes
Narrator: On the next Arrested Development, Tobias quietly overcompensates.
(Tobias enters the dining room, where Michael, Lindsey, Buster, and GOB are having breakfast, totally nude and streaching his arms)
Tobias: Please, tell me there's some coffee left. (Pours a cup of coffee.) I slept very well last night. (Kisses Lindsey on the cheek and leaves.)
- Permalink: On the next Arrested Development, Tobias quietly overcompensates...
Michael: Gob, there's no need for violence. There never is. I'd like to think that we're all, you know, intelligent, mature ... um ... adults that can settle their differences, whenever they come to light, through words.
Gob: Yeah, well, I let my fists do the talking. Not this one, 'cause obviously, I need it for coin tricks and stuff. But this one, I let it speak for both of them.
- Permalink: Gob, there's no need for violence. There never is. I'd like to t...
Maeby: Don't talk to me about my mom. She's crazy. Both of them are. Sometimes, I wish we weren't even related.
George Michael: Hey, you know, maybe we're not. Because when you think about it, we don't really even look like each other.
Maeby: No, I was talking about my parents. God, what's wrong with this family?!
- Permalink: Don't talk to me about my mom. She's crazy. Both of them are. So...
What is wrong with you? I thought you were good people. I thought you were noble. I thought you care about family, but you clearly don't. It's over. Both of you. It's over.Marta
- Permalink: What is wrong with you? I thought you were good people. I though...
(about Maeby) She's not real. She was made in a cup. Like soup. $130,000 cup of soup.Lucille
- Permalink: She's not real. She was made in a cup. Like soup. $130,000 cup o...
Buster: So, are you going to hit me?
Gob: No, I'm not going to hit you. You're not the brother Marta's cheating on me with.
Buster: Oh, who is?
Gob: How should I know, Buster?
- Permalink: So, are you going to hit me? No, I'm not going to hit you. You...
Buster: Well, I would never, uh, do this while you were still going out, but, uh ... if you're done with her, I'd sure like a crack at her.
Gob: Right, right ... That sounds great. Go for it, buddy ... But you know that she's kind of used to being with me, right? So ... it would be sort of like going from prime rib to, I don't know, weird brother of prime rib.
- Permalink: Well, I would never, uh, do this while you were still going out,...
Maeby: I'm glad to have this family, you know. 'Cause I know I said some bad stuff, but it's much better here than it was in Boston. And I have a cousin here, so even if my parents do get divorced, I have you, right?
Narrator: George Michael realized that no matter how much it upset him, he didn't want to take Maeby's family away from her.
George Michael: Yeah, you got us all right.
Maeby: Now, all I need is a boyfriend.
- Permalink: I'm glad to have this family, you know. 'Cause I know I said som...
Barry: What are you doing? They'll add ten years to your sentence.
George, Sr.: They'll never catch me!
- Permalink: What are you doing? They'll add ten years to your sentence. Th...
Lucille: Look, you're my husband, and you belong back at home with me.
George, Sr.: You really love me.
Lucille: Call it what you want. I'm tired of paying Lupe to clean one dish.
- Permalink: Look, you're my husband, and you belong back at home with me. ...
Lucille: Why haven't you called me back? I'm worried about your father's hearing.
Michael: Mom, listen, it's going to be fine. I'm on it, ok? I'm taking care of it. I'll be there first thing Friday morning.
Lucille: It's tomorrow at 4:30!
Michael: Oh, I should write that down.
- Permalink: Why haven't you called me back? I'm worried about your father's ...
Buster: Mom always taught us to curl up in a ball and remain motionless when confronted. That's what I did in high school when I almost got into a fight.
Michael: I think that was about being attacked by bears.
- Permalink: Mom always taught us to curl up in a ball and remain motionless ...
Want more Arrested Development?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!