Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Deb: How can you be so fuckin' relaxed?
Dexter: I'm good at compartmentalization.
Deb: You're a little weird, Dex.
Dexter: That's not gonna change. I'm gonna be this way forever.
- Permalink: How can you be so f**kin' relaxed? I'm good at compartmentaliz...
(voice over) I passed through the flames and rose from the ashes, again. I've never been one to put much weight into the idea of a higher power, but if I didn't know better I'd have to believe that some force out there wants me to keep doing what I'm doing.
- Permalink: (voice over) I passed through the flames and rose from the ashes...
(voice over) Not long ago I had a dream that people could see me for what I am, and for a brief instant in time the world actually saw my bodies of work. Some even cheered. But as it turns out, nobody mourns the wicked. Sorry James. I think Harry knew that from the start. That's why he gave me a code. It cost him his life, but it kept me alive through incredible trials. The code is mine now, and mine alone. So too are the relationships I cultivate. They're not just disguises anymore. I need them, even if they make me vulnerable. My father might not approve, but I'm no longer his disciple. I'm a master now, an idea transcended into life. And so this is my new path, which is a lot like the old one, only mine. To stay on that path, I need to work harder, explore new rituals, evolve. Am I evil? Am I good? I'm done asking those questions. I don't have the answers. Does anyone?
- Permalink: (voice over) Not long ago I had a dream that people could see me...
Dexter: It's pretty impressive. It seems it wasn't too long ago I was taking care of you.
Deb: I like it better this way.
Dexter: Yeah, I can see that.
- Permalink: It's pretty impressive. It seems it wasn't too long ago I was ta...
Dexter: What happened?
Deb: They think a propane tank exploded.
Deb: Do I look like a fucking fire chief?
- Permalink: What happened? They think a propane tank exploded. How? Do...
Doakes: I'm not a killer.
Dexter: You are. That's why you've always known what I am. That's why you have more "officer-related" shootings than anybody else. Only I don't fuck with you when you shoot somebody, why couldn't you pay me the same professional courtesy?
Doakes: There's nothing professional about what you do. I kill when I have to, on the job.
Dexter: So, it's okay to take a life as long as you get a paycheck for it?
- Permalink: I'm not a killer. You are. That's why you've always known what...
Dexter: Why couldn't you just leave me to do my work in peace? Why'd you have to go and ruin everything?
Doakes: You're a killer. I catch killers.
Dexter: So do I. I caught you.
- Permalink: Why couldn't you just leave me to do my work in peace? Why'd you...
Dexter: I should warn you Sergeant, you can't play on my feelings. I don't have any.
Doakes: Oh really? Who's lying now?
- Permalink: I should warn you Sergeant, you can't play on my feelings. I don...
(voice over) Taking a life is one thing, but the care and feeding of it is another. I can't keep my problem locked away in a cabin forever. Harry always said there were plenty of people who deserved to die, but no matter how hard I close my eyes and wish, Doakes isn't one of them. Harry, he never prepared me for this one, what do I do? What would you do?
- Permalink: (voice over) Taking a life is one thing, but the care and feedin...
(voice over) I remember when life was easy, when the only question I worried about was, "Who's next?" Now it's, "How can I dodge my protective detail?" and "What should I do with my hostage?" These are not easy questions.
- Permalink: (voice over) I remember when life was easy, when the only questi...
Doakes: Now I think you got a conscience.
Dexter: Of course I have a conscience. I left you a place to shit, didn't I?
- Permalink: Now I think you got a conscience. Of course I have a conscienc...
Lundy: What exactly is Sergeant Doakes' problem with you, Morgan?
Dexter: (voice over) I kill people, for one.
- Permalink: What exactly is Sergeant Doakes' problem with you, Morgan? (vo...