Doctor Who Season 8 Episode 2: "Into the Dalek" Quotes
Clara: How do I look?
The Doctor: Sort of short and mannish with a good personality, which is the main thing.
Clara: I meant my clothes. I just changed them.
The Doctor: Oh good for you. Still making an effort.
- Permalink: Oh good for you. Still making an effort.
I think you're probably nice. Underneath it all, I think you're kind and definitely brave. I just wish you hadn't been a soldier.The Doctor
Rusty: Victory is yours, but it does not please you?
The Doctor: You looked inside me and you saw hatred. That's no victory. Victory would've been a good Dalek.
Rusty: I am not a good Dalek. You are a good Dalek.
- Permalink: I am not a good Dalek. You are a good Dalek.
Rusty: I see in to your soul, Doctor. I see beauty. I see divinity. I see hatred!
The Doctor: Hatred?
Rusty: I see your hatred of the Daleks and it is good!
The Doctor: No. You must see more than that. There must be more than that!
- Permalink: No. You must see more than that. There must be more than that!
I'm a part of you. My mind is your mind.The Doctor
- Permalink: I'm a part of you. My mind is your mind.
If I can turn one Dalek, I can turn them all. I can change the future.The Doctor
- Permalink: If I can turn one Dalek, I can turn them all. I can change the future.
The Doctor: You need to get up there, find that moment and reawaken it.
The Doctor: Yes, you. Good idea.
The Doctor: I haven't the foggiest. Do a clever thing and then once you have done it, the Dalek will be suggestible to new ideas. It will be open again and I will show it something that will change it's mind forever!
Journey Blue: What?
The Doctor: Not a clue.
- Permalink: Change the Dalek's mind forever
Journey Blue: Are you out of your mind?!
The Doctor: No! I'm inside a Dalek! I'm standing where I've never been. We cannot waste this change. It will not come again.
The Doctor: Clara Oswald, do I really not pay you?
Clara: You couldn't afford me.
- Permalink: You couldn't afford me.
The Doctor: What's that look for?
Clara: That's the look you get when I'm about to SLAP YOU! [Slaps The Doctor's face hard]
- Permalink: That's the look you get when I'm about to SLAP YOU!
The Doctor: Are you alright back there? It's a bit narrow, isn't it?
Clara: Any remarks about my hips will not be appreciated.
The Doctor: Bah, you're hips are fine. You're built like a man.
- Permalink: Bah, you're hips are fine. You're built like a man.
The Doctor: Do I pay you? I should give you a raise.
Clara: You're not my boss, you're my hobby.
- Permalink: You're not my boss, you're my hobby.
Clara: Is the wooden sound you or the desk?
Danny: How long have you been there?
Clara: Longer than you would like.
Claire: [laughs] Are you going to look that terrified when you take me out for a drink?
Danny: I... I absolutely promise I won't.
Clara: Play your cards right and you might. [laughs]
- Permalink: Play your cards right and you might.
Fantastic idea for a movie. Terrible idea for a proctologist. Are you going to miniaturize me?The Doctor