Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Gossip Girl: Gossip Girl here, welcoming you to the New Year. When Manhattanites who flew south for the sun return to their Park Avenue perches. Which means I have a lot of catching up to do. Word is, Serena van der Woodsen tangoed in the New Year in the plazas of Buenos Aires. Guess that means Lonely Boy was all alone when the clock tolled twelve. And what of Little J? Rumor is she's trading runways for hallways. So long high fashion, hello high school. Blair Waldorf has been spotted making inroads at The Colony Club. With high school nearing its end, has Queen B. found a new social ladder to climb? So the only real question remaining: Where in the world is Chuck Bass? And is he ever coming back?
- Permalink: Where in the world is Chuck Bass? And is he ever coming back?
Lily: Rufus. Your message said it was urgent. Has something happened?
Rufus: Dan knows. Or he doesn't yet. But I think he will soon. And I imagine he'll tell Serena. And I thought you should know.
Lily: Rufus, wait. What will they think of me?
Rufus: Serena and Eric? Well it's not my problem. We're each on our own, remember?
- Permalink: Rufus. Your message said it was urgent. Has something happened? ...
Rufus: I have a right to know my son.
Lily: And he has a right to his own life. Just like you've had yours.
Rufus: I was going to be a rock star, remember? Instead I had two kids. And I was there to take them to school every morning and talk about their days at night. And if someone came to me and said I could trade that for the life I wanted when I was nineteen, I wouldn't. Being a father's who I am. Don't take that away.
Lily: I'm sorry, I can't.
Rufus: Then I'll find him without your help.
- Permalink: I have a right to know my son. And he has a right to his own l...
Serena: Wait. If Chuck is really in trouble then we need to help him. He doesn't have any brothers and sisters. We are all he has. You are all he has.
Blair: He doesn't want my help.
Serena: So that's just it? You're going to abandon him for some society matrons?
Blair: Those "matrons" as you call them, are helping me build a life. All Chuck can do is destroy one. I'm not abandoning Chuck. I'm just saving myself.
- Permalink: Wait. If Chuck is really in trouble then we need to help him. He...
Blair: Have you seen Chuck today?
Serena: No. Why?
Blair: Did he come home last night?
Serena: Blair, I don't know. What's wrong?
Blair: Yesterday Kweller caught him smoking hash at school. There was a meeting. And to say it went badly would be an understatement.
- Permalink: Have you seen Chuck today? No. Why? Did he come home last ni...
Jack: I get Bart dying has been difficult. But the way things've been handled the last couple weeks, you shut away like Gloria Swanson, my nephew MIA in a Thai bordello, my big brother may not've won parent-of-the-year, but I doubt he'd be too happy.
Lily: Well, you needn't worry yourself anymore. Chuck is my step-son. I'll take care of him.
Jack: WAS your step-son. And as Chuck's last living relative, I have to say - I don't feel comfortable leaving him in this situation. You should eat. People grieving tend to neglect their health.
- Permalink: I get Bart dying has been difficult. But the way things've been ...
Pop quiz. What do you get when you cross Chuck Bass, a billion dollars and Bart cold in the ground?Gossip Girl
- Permalink: Pop quiz. What do you get when you cross Chuck Bass, a billion d...
Blair: The circumstances are most extenuating. Can we forgive it this one time?
Headmistress Queller: (to Chuck) Would you promise me that nothing like this will ever happen again?
Chuck: (pulls out joint, lights it) For you, Headmistress, anything. Everyone, it's been a pleasure.
- Permalink: The circumstances are most extenuating. Can we forgive it this o...
Blair's leaving us behind. It's like the end of an era.Isabel
- Permalink: Blair's leaving us behind. It's like the end of an era.
I thought I was leaving high school behind. I guess I never do.Blair
- Permalink: I thought I was leaving high school behind. I guess I never do.
One thing about being on the top of the world.. it gives you a long, long way to fall.Gossip Girl
- Permalink: One thing about being on the top of the world.. it gives you a l...
Spotted at Victrola, Lonely Boy and Chuck Bass having a heart to heart. What or who do they have talk about? And will Serena will be the last to know?Gossip Girl
- Permalink: Spotted at Victrola, Lonely Boy and Chuck Bass having a heart to...