Gossip Girl Season 2 Episode 16: "You've Got Yale!" Quotes
Penelope: A new teacher is like a child. It has to be taught.
Hazel: And spanked.
- Permalink: A new teacher is like a child. It has to be taught. And spanke...
Spotted, B hot for teacher. Too bad Miss Carr doesn't remember the devil is in the details.Gossip Girl
- Permalink: Spotted, B hot for teacher. Too bad Miss Carr doesn't remember t...
(to Lily) Who's your lucky escort this evening? Someone you picked up at the funeral?Jack
- Permalink: (to Lily) Who's your lucky escort this evening? Someone you pick...
Sticks and stones may break bones, but a poison pen is the best revenge.Gossip Girl
- Permalink: Sticks and stones may break bones, but a poison pen is the best ...
The thing about new beginnings is that they require something elso to end.Gossip Girl
- Permalink: The thing about new beginnings is that they require something el...
(to Dan) I just had a full conversation with this opera-goer about 'The Magic Flute'. And he pretended like that was exactly what he just watched. I'm beginning to get these society people. It's all a big game pretending you know what you're talking about.Rufus
- Permalink: (to Dan) I just had a full conversation with this opera-goer abo...
Dan: Yale day. I thought we could walk to school together for support. I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason. I'll end up in the right place. But what if I don't get in?
Serena: Forget you. What if I do and Blair doesn't?
Dan: Fire and brimstone. A lot of bitchy asides. Death by Dorota.
- Permalink: If I get in and Blair doesn't ... Fire and brimstone and a lot...
Blair: This is a B.
Rachel: Yes. It is.
Blair: You're new here so you don't know how it works.
Rachel: I have a feeling you're about to explain.
Blair: Second semester seniors get a free pass, like pregnant ladies or 14-year-old Chinese gymnasts. Constance wants their students to get into the best colleges. That's why this free pass exists. The headmistress, if she knew about this grade, she'd rap you on the wrist.
Rachel: Maybe, in time, I'll get in trouble for not inflating grades like everyone else, Miss Waldorf, but until then, I'll give them based on merit.
- Permalink: You're new here, so you're not aware of how things work. I hav...
I've never even been to New York before. It's a lot different from Des Moines.Rachel
- Permalink: I've never even been to New York before. It's a lot different fr...