Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Mark: You read up on my surgery?
Miranda: Since it's your first time performing what I understand to be a very cutting-edge surgery, I was hoping you could use another set of hands.
Mark: Fine. You can join Dr. Grey and me.
Miranda: Dr. Grey, who's been banned from the O.R.?
Mark: She's on cappuccino duty.
- Permalink: You read up on my surgery? Since it's your first time performi...
Mark: Why are you talking about sex with me? It's inappropriate. I'm your teacher. I have things to teach. Double board-certified things.
Lexie: That's what I was talking about. For you to teach me ... medicine. The sex, that was... a joke.
- Permalink: Why are you talking about sex with me? It's inappropriate. I'm y...
[to Mark] I get it. I'm the one who organized a crazy club of secret, cutter interns. The thing is, I've been advised to seek out sex as a way of my sad predicament, but I think I would rather just learn today, so... what do you say? You, me ...Lexie
- Permalink: I get it. I'm the one who organized a crazy club of secret, cutt...
Lexie: It's done!
Alex: Whatever, Helen Keller.
Lexie: No really. The Chief sent me. They made their choice.
George: Who is it?
Lexie: [points] It's you.
- Permalink: It's done! Whatever, Helen Keller. No really. The Chief sent...
Miranda: Steve is not a lip reader. None of the interns are lip readers. You'll just have to wait for the attendings to vote. Just like I did when I won.
Cristina: You won your solo surgery?
Miranda: I'm gonna pretend you didn't feel the need to ask me that question Yang, of course I won. I was good. Didn't cut LVAD wires, put my hands on bombs in body cavities, or have my interns operating on themselves. I was special! I was young, gifted and black, and everybody knew it. Attendings knew it, Chief knew it. I didn't have to act like I could read lips. I'd just go about my work, calmly, waiting for my name to get called.
- Permalink: Steve is not a lip reader. None of the interns are lip readers. ...
Steve: Grey! The Chief said Grey!
Alex: What? Come on, this is bogus.
- Permalink: Grey! The Chief said Grey! What? Come on, this is bogus.
Alex: When I win, you can scrub in for me.
Izzie: Alex, she's... she's not gonna pick you.
Alex: I'll scrub in for you too if you win, which you won't, 'cause I will. [kisses her]
Izzie: I... I gotta go!
- Permalink: When I win, you can scrub in for me. Alex, she's... she's not ...
George: Are you coming? We gotta do clinic. Flu season fun!
Izzie: Um, yeah ... I ... will catch up with you.
Denny: Me too.
Izzie: Shut up.
George: [stares, confused]
Izzie: Not you.
- Permalink: Are you coming? We gotta do clinic. Flu season fun! Um, yeah ....
Cristina: This is torture for me.
Richard: I'm not even done.
Richard: Dr. Dixon's back. You'll be spending the day with her. You will impress her. And you will make sure this hospital impresses her. By the end of the day, I want that woman to be my next head of cardio. If she's not, I will know who to blame.
- Permalink: This is torture for me. I'm not even done. Sir? Dr. Dixon'...
Choosing the first solo surgery isn't just about who has the best surgical skills. Or who's logged the most hours in the OR. It's about the highest form of trust. The trust to put a patient's life into one of our residents' hands. And for the first time I can recall, every single attending picked the same person. Dr. Yang. However, Dr. Yang is out of the running. She is going to pick the winner instead. Dr. Yang will post her decision on the O.R. board at 4 p.m. Also, since your interns are still banned from the O.R., the winner will be allowed to pick a fellow resident to scrub in with them. Good luck.Richard
- Permalink: Choosing the first solo surgery isn't just about who has the bes...
Saw action. Sweet!Alex
- Permalink: Saw action. Sweet!
The first solo surgery will take place tonight.Richard
- Permalink: The first solo surgery will take place tonight.