Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
Robin: How can a pumpkin costume be sexy?
Ted: It was carved in strategic places
- Permalink: How can a pumpkin costume be sexy? It was carved in strategic ...
Robin: Am I just wired wrong?
Ted: No. You dumped me, so obviously you have abysmal taste in men
- Permalink: Am I just wired wrong? No. You dumped me, so obviously you hav...
Lily: Guess what came in the mail today?
Marshall: Our costumes? Do they rule?
Lily: They rule. And yours is 100% wool so you won't get hypothermia like last year.
Marshall [in deep voice]: Tarzan nipple blue
- Permalink: Guess what came in the mail today? Our costumes? Do they rule?...
Barney: A girl dresses up like a witch, she's a slutty witch. If she's a cat, she's a slutty cat. If she's a nurse...
Lily: Wow, we get it.
Barney: She's a slutty nurse
- Permalink: A girl dresses up like a witch, she's a slutty witch. If she's a...
Ted [to someone in a big penguin costume]: Excuse me? This is going to sound crazy, but... I met someone on this roof four years ago, and they mixed that cocktail, and they loved penguins... by any chance, was that you? It's you. Everyone thought I was crazy, but...
[Barney removes penguin head]underneath)
Barney: You are such a loser.
Barney: Come on, I came back for you, Ted. I penguin-suited up to show you the error of your ways. And to score Hula Girl's number. Check and check.
- Permalink: Excuse me? This is going to sound crazy, but... I met someone on...
Ted: I just met the perfect woman. She's funny, she's beautiful, she loves "Star Wars"...
Marshall: Woah woah woah, what's her take on Ewoks?
Ted: Loves them!
Marshall: Oh, good. I don't know why people are so cynical about Ewoks; the Rebellion would have failed without the Ewoks.
Ted: And get this: She's a marine biologist, she spent a year in Antarctica studying penguins.
Marshall: Oh, penguins are cool. Kinda like black-and-white Ewoks. I approve
- Permalink: I just met the perfect woman. She's funny, she's beautiful, she ...
[Barney and Ted discuss Halloween plans as Ted is dressed as a Hanging Chad...]
Barney: Okay, here's the plan, and I crap you not. I am getting us into the Victoria's Secret Halloween party. Trust me, by the end of the night, your chad will not be hanging.
Ted: We can get rejected by supermodels any day of the year. Tonight, I'm gonna go up tp the roof, I'm gonna have a few beers, I'm gonna wait for the slutty pumpkin. It's just what I do.
- Permalink: Okay, here's the plan, and I crap you not. I am getting us into ...
Barney: Okay, I'm leaving. But just know, this Victoria's Secret party is on a yacht! And what will be sticking to that yacht? The Barnicle!
Ted: Really? That's the nickname now?
- Permalink: Okay, I'm leaving. But just know, this Victoria's Secret party i...
Robin: How do you do this Ted? How do sit out here all night, in the cold, and still have faith that your pumpkin's going to show up?
Ted: Well, I'm pretty drunk. Look I know the odds are, the love of my life isn't going to magically walk through that door in a pumpkin costume at 2:43 in the morning. But it just seems as nice a spot as any to just ... you know, sit and wait
- Permalink: How do you do this Ted? How do sit out here all night, in the co...
Robin: Well, what if I'm just a cold person? Tonight, Mike was willing to look like a complete idiot for me, but I couldn't be Gretel. Why can't I be Gretel?
Ted: Because you just haven't met the right Hansel yet. One day you're gonna meet a guy who's gonna make you want to look like a complete idiot
- Permalink: Well, what if I'm just a cold person? Tonight, Mike was willing ...
Robin: I never played any team sports
Ted: Are we playing "I never" cause there's nothing left but peach schnapps
- Permalink: I never played any team sports Are we playing I never cause th...
Ted: Come on, Barney, this is not about the odds, this is about believing. This girl, she represents something to me, I don't know, hope.
Barney: Wow. I did not understand a word you just said
- Permalink: Come on, Barney, this is not about the odds, this is about belie...