Fitz: The woman's a political genius?
Cyrus: Which one?
Cyrus: Mellie or Liv?
Fitz: Both of them.
- Permalink: The woman's a political genius? Which one? Huh? Mellie or ...
Olivia: What do you want, Mellie?
Mellie: Your story, that protest, it's starting to die. The crowds get smaller every day, and my husband's administration is refusing to engage. It would be a great help to you if the First Lady of the United States took a stand on this, wouldn't it?
- Permalink: What do you want, Mellie? Your story, that protest, it's start...
Verna: Liv, I've seen you two together. You breathe in sync.
Olivia: You have a very active imagination.
- Permalink: Liv, I've seen you two together. You breathe in sync. You have...
Verna: You try so hard to get that man to walk away from you. Have you ever stopped to consider how painful it's going to be if you succeed? If he actually does walk away?
O: I have no idea what you're talking about.
Verna: We worked on the general election together, and I'm not stupid. And we've been through far too much together to pretend. And you're pushing him away because you think it's the right thing to do, as if right and wrong are fixed.
- Permalink: You try so hard to get that man to walk away from you. Have you ...
Huck: Is there artificial sweetener in that?
Abby: People and their secrets. Between this one and Olivia, it's like we're living in the Soviet Union. Hell, I'm an open book. What about you, Huck? What's your secret?
Huck: Artificial sweetener makes rats spit up blood?
- Permalink: Is there artificial sweetener in that? People and their secret...
David, I'm not asking for a tour. I'm just saying, I have cookies. 'Delicious, you'll be my slave once you eat these' cookies.Abby
- Permalink: David, I'm not asking for a tour. I'm just saying, I have cookie...
Cyrus: It's smart, it's brilliant, the optics, the staging. She's taking my playbook and throwing it in our faces.
Fitz: She has the moral high ground here, Cy. An American girl was murdered and those parents deserve justice. The better half of me wants to throw that son of a bitch in prison, immunity be damned--
Fitz: The political half of me knows I can't. Keep your pants. on.
- Permalink: It's smart, it's brilliant, the optics, the staging. She's takin...
Edison, you're being investigated by the ethics committee for discussing intel with me. They're not going to let you past the guard gate. The President has de-friended you.Olivia
- Permalink: Edison, you're being investigated by the ethics committee for di...
[to Olivia] I'm not sure why you came to the White House. Did you show up here to awaken my conscience? Make me see the error of my ways? Because I'm awake. I see the errors, thank you.Fitz
- Permalink: I'm not sure why you came to the White House. Did you show up he...
I could be running Harvard right now. I had the job. I turned it down.Cyrus
- Permalink: I could be running Harvard right now. I had the job. I turned it...
Cyrus: I've just left a meeting with three staffers who think Kurkistan is next to Morocco. God I miss you. Also you can't be here.
Olivia: A young girl was brutally left to die--
Cyrus: Yes, dead girl, violence, murder, people are bad, I'm feeling emotions. The only reason I let you through those gates is because he's on the Hill right now. You can't be here. He's not doing well. He's struggling. He's suffering. And seeing you will make it worse.
- Permalink: I've just left a meeting with three staffers who think Kurkistan...
Cyrus: You can't be here.
Olivia: I wouldn't have come if I didn't I need a favor.
- Permalink: You can't be here. I wouldn't have come if I didn't I need a f...
Olivia: I have been riding and dying for you. I fixed an election for you. Sacrificed everything to keep you in office, we all did. Cyrus, James, Jerry, Harrison, Mellie. Every one of us. I was your mistress because you needed me.
Fitz: And I was willing to give it all up for you.
Olivia: Which is exactly the problem.
Fitz: I tried to give up my wife for you, my office! And you backed out every time.
Olivia: Of course I did. If you gave up the Presidency, what did I do all this for? Everything we did, I did, all of it, if you gave up the Presidency it would be a waste. Everything I've sacrificed to get you here, to keep you here, so you could be the best, so you could make history, so you could be the President you were meant to be. And you were. You were the President you were meant to be and then, when the true test came along, when I was taken because of you, you go to war? You sent thousands of innocent soldiers into harms way, some of them to their deaths, for one person.
Fitz: I had to save you.
Olivia: You didn't save me. I'm on my own.
- Permalink: You didn't save me. I'm on my own.
I am not a toy that you can play with when you're bored or lonely or horny. I am not the girl the guy gets at the end of the movie. I am not a fantasy. If you want me, earn me! Until then, we are done.Olivia
- Permalink: I am not a toy that you can play with when you're bored or lonel...