Sex and the City Season 1 Quotes
Charlotte: Jack wants us to do a threesome.
Miranda: Of course he does. Every guy does.
Samantha: Threesomes are huge right now. They're the blow job of the '90's.
Charlotte: What was the blow job of the '80's?
Samantha: Anal sex.
Carrie: Any sex, period.
Miranda: Don't let him pressure you into it. It's just this guy's cheap ploy to watch you be a lesbian for a night.
Samantha: Don't knock it till you tried it.
- Permalink: Jack wants us to do a threesome. Of course he does. Every guy...
Carrie: Sweetie, don't you think it's weird that you're thinking of sleeping with someone you don't know, to get closer to Jack?
Charlotte: But how well do we ever know the people we sleep with?
Carrie (voiceover): That was the thing about Charlotte. Just when you were about to write her off as a Park Avenue Pollyanna, she'd say something so right on, you'd think she was the Dalai Lama.
- Permalink: Sweetie, don't you think it's weird that you're thinking of slee...
Dreams are a really good way to experiment. It's like a... it's like buying a dress and keeping the tags on.Carrie
- Permalink: Dreams are a really good way to experiment. It's like a... it's...
Charlotte hadn't been that excited since she tried on her JV cheerleading uniform for the first time.Carrie
- Permalink: Charlotte hadn't been that excited since she tried on her JV che...
Samantha: No muss, no fuss.
Carrie: Sounds like you're selling toilet cleaner.
- Permalink: No muss, no fuss. Sounds like you're selling toilet cleaner.
Carrie: He said, 'I miss you, baby.' Do you think that was meant to be some kind of coded mea culpa?
Miranda: You mean like what he really meant was, 'I've been a complete idiot, please forgive me for having dinner with that other woman.'
Miranda: Could be.
Carrie: Well no, because that would mean that everything he ever said that I interpreted as sincere is subject to interpretation, and in that case, what I perceive as his feelings for me may only really be reflected projections of my feelings for him.
Carrie: Oh God, I'm freaking. I've gotta stop.
- Permalink: He said, 'I miss you, baby.' Do you think that was meant to be s...
Stanford: Monogamy is on its way out again. It had a brief comeback in the 90s, but as the millennium approaches, everyone's leaving their options open.
Carrie: Come on, you wouldn't commit to a nice guy, given the option?
Stanford: I can't even commit to a long distance carrier.
Carrie: Yeah, you know what you are? You're a whore!
Stanford: I wish that were true.
- Permalink: Monogamy is on its way out again. It had a brief comeback in the...
(to Skipper) You're breaking up with me while you're still inside of me?Alison
- Permalink: You're breaking up with me while you're still inside of me?
Last night, after Michael took Charlotte to the Philharmonic, they went back to his place and began the classic dating ritual... the blow job tug of war.Carrie
- Permalink: Last night, after Michael took Charlotte to the Philharmonic, th...