Sex and the City Season 1 Quotes
Charlotte: I've never done a threesome.
Samantha: Come on, of course you haven't. You in a threesome? You won't even wear a thong!
- Permalink: I've never done a threesome. Come on, of course you haven't. ...
Charlotte: Jack wants us to do a threesome.
Miranda: Of course he does. Every guy does.
Samantha: Threesomes are huge right now. They're the blow job of the '90's.
Charlotte: What was the blow job of the '80's?
Samantha: Anal sex.
Carrie: Any sex, period.
Miranda: Don't let him pressure you into it. It's just this guy's cheap ploy to watch you be a lesbian for a night.
Samantha: Don't knock it till you tried it.
- Permalink: Jack wants us to do a threesome. Of course he does. Every guy...
(Discussing whom to call into the threesome)
Samantha: Just make sure that the other woman isn't a friend. Use somebody random, you know, somebody you meet in a bar or something.
Miranda: That's romantic!
Charlotte: No, I think that I'd feel safer with a friend, with someone I could trust, like Carrie.
Carrie: Oh, gee, I'm flattered. But I'd go with someone who has a little more experience, like Sam.
Samantha: Well, thanks. But there is something sexy about a first-timer like Charlotte.
Miranda (feeling out of the loop): Oh great, no, forget about me.
Carrie, Charlotte and Samantha: Oh, come on!
Miranda: I'd do it with you guys. It's like, it' like picking teams for dodge ball all over again.
- Permalink: Just make sure that the other woman isn't a friend. Use somebod...
I've always wanted to do it in my parents' bed.Charlotte
- Permalink: I've always wanted to do it in my parents' bed.
Carrie: Sweetie, don't you think it's weird that you're thinking of sleeping with someone you don't know, to get closer to Jack?
Charlotte: But how well do we ever know the people we sleep with?
Carrie (voiceover): That was the thing about Charlotte. Just when you were about to write her off as a Park Avenue Pollyanna, she'd say something so right on, you'd think she was the Dalai Lama.
- Permalink: Sweetie, don't you think it's weird that you're thinking of slee...
Dreams are a really good way to experiment. It's like a... it's like buying a dress and keeping the tags on.Carrie
- Permalink: Dreams are a really good way to experiment. It's like a... it's...
Charlotte hadn't been that excited since she tried on her JV cheerleading uniform for the first time.Carrie
- Permalink: Charlotte hadn't been that excited since she tried on her JV che...
Therapist: So what do you think your dream meant?
Miranda: I'm in a sandbox with Charlotte, Sam, and Carrie, and they won't play with me. Please, it's obvious.
Carrie: (voiceover) Across town, Miranda was dealing with her own nightmare.
Miranda: Look, I know it's juvenile, but it bothers me. I'm attractive, I'm smart, right? Plenty of people should want me for a threesome.
Therapist: So, you're saying, that you're attracted to your girlfriends?
Miranda: No! But if your friends won't go down on you, who will?
- Permalink: So what do you think your dream meant? I'm in a sandbox with C...
It was the last straw, she was smart, beautiful, and she got me. I'd have to kill her.Carrie
- Permalink: It was the last straw, she was smart, beautiful, and she got me....
Charlotte: Jack says I have a fire inside me.
Carrie: You tell him they make a cream for that.
- Permalink: Jack says I have a fire inside me. You tell him they make a cr...
Samantha: No muss, no fuss.
Carrie: Sounds like you're selling toilet cleaner.
- Permalink: No muss, no fuss. Sounds like you're selling toilet cleaner.
(to Skipper) You're breaking up with me while you're still inside of me?Alison
- Permalink: You're breaking up with me while you're still inside of me?
Charlotte is trying to decide whether to have anal sex with a man she's dating.
Miranda: It all depends on how much you like him?
Charlotte: A lot.
Miranda: "Dating a few months until somebody better comes along a lot", or "marrying him and moving to the East Hampton's" a lot?
Charlottte: I don't know, I'm not sure.
Miranda: Well, you better get sure real quick.
Charlotte: You're scaring me.
Carrie: Don't scare her.
Miranda: It's all about control. If he goes up there, there's gonna be a shift in power, either he'll have the upper hand or you will. Now there's a certain camp that believe whoever holds the dick, holds the power. (Cab Driver turns around) Hello, you're driving! The question is, if he goes up your butt, will he respect you more or respect you less? That's the issue.
Cab Driver: No smoking in cab.
Carrie: Sir, were talking "up the butt", a cigarette is in order.
(Cuts to Samantha now in the cab)
Samantha: Front. Back. Who cares? A hole is a hole.
Miranda: Can I quote you?
Samantha: Don't be so judgmental. You could use a little back door.
Charlotte: I'm not a hole.
Carrie: Honey, we know.
Samantha: Look, all I'm saying is this is a physical expression, that the body, well, it was designed to experience. And p.s., it's fabulous.
- Permalink: Charlotte is trying to decide whether to have anal sex with a ma...
It's like the riddle of the Sphinx. Why are there so many great unmarried women, and no great unmarried men?Carrie
- Permalink: It's like the riddle of the Sphinx. Why are there so many great ...