Sex and the City Season 1 Quotes
Samantha: Frankly, I think it's sad, the way she's using a child to validate her existence.
Carrie: Exactly. Why can't she just use sex and a nice cocktail like the rest of us?
- Permalink: Frankly, I think it's sad, the way she's using a child to valida...
(Carrie and Miranda at the drug store)
Carrie: I'm on total ovary overload. Which kind do I get?
Miranda: Here. This one's on sale. Half off.
Carrie: Sweetie, I just spent 395 dollars on a pair of open-toed Gucci's last week. This is not the place to be frugal.
- Permalink: I'm on total ovary overload. Which kind do I get? Here. This...
Carrie: You don't have to lose yourself to have a kid. I know plenty of cool, hip mothers who live in the City and who still have great careers and stuff.
Samantha and Miranda: (at the same time) Who?
- Permalink: You don't have to lose yourself to have a kid. I know plenty of...
Samantha: My feet are killing me.
Carrie: Here, sit down.
Samantha: I can't. This outfit only works if I'm standing.
- Permalink: My feet are killing me. Here, sit down. I can't. This outfi...
Puberty is a phase. Fifteen years of rejection is a lifestyle.Stanford
- Permalink: Puberty is a phase. Fifteen years of rejection is a lifestyle.
(Carrie and Stanford went to the ballet together)
Carrie: Oh God I love "Sleeping Beauty"! The music, the sets, the costumes! It's so romantic! (She twirls around and imitates a ballerina)
Stanford: You only like it because she gets to sleep for a hundred years and she doesn't age.
- Permalink: Oh God I love Sleeping Beauty! The music, the sets, the costumes...
Carrie: I'm not going to replace a man with some battery-operated device.
Miranda: You say that, but you haven't met The Rabbit.
Samantha: Oh come on, if you're going to get a vibrator, at least get one called The Horse.
Charlotte: A vibrator does not call you on your birthday. A vibrator doesn't send you flowers the next day. And you cannot take a vibrator home to meet your mother.
Miranda: Well. I know where my next orgasm is coming from. Who here can say as much?
- Permalink: I'm not going to replace a man with some battery-operated device...
(Miranda shows Carrie and Charlotte the vibrator at the store)
Miranda: Ladies, I'd like you to meet "The Rabbit."
Carrie: 92 dollars?!
Miranda: Please, think about the money we spend on shoes.
Charlotte: Well I have no intention of using that. I'm saving sex for someone I love.
Miranda: Fantastic. Is there a man in the picture?
(Carrie takes it out of the box)
Charlotte: Look! Oh, it's so cute! Oh I thought it would be all scary and weird, but it isn't! It's pink, for girls! I love the little bunny, it has a little face! Like Peter Rabbit.
Carrie: And it's even got a remote. I mean, how lazy do you have to be?
- Permalink: Ladies, I'd like you to meet The Rabbit. 92 dollars?! Please...
Miranda: What's the big deal? In 50 years men are gonna be obsolete anyway. I mean, already you can't talk to them, you don't need them to have kids with, you don't need them to have sex with anymore, as I've very pleasantly discovered.
Samantha: Uh oh, sounds like somebody just got their first vibrator.
Miranda: Not first, ultimate. And I think I'm in love.
- Permalink: What's the big deal? In 50 years men are gonna be obsolete anywa...