The Office Season 2 Episode 8: "Performance Review" Quotes
Stanley: Sometimes women say more in their pauses than they say in their words.
Stanley: Oh yes. Let's listen to it again. And this time, really listen to the pauses.
Michael: God. Stanley, that's frickin brilliant. How do you know that? Did you learn that on the streets? I'm sorry...
Stanley: Oh, it's OK. I did learn it on the streets. On the ghetto in fact.
Michael: No kidding?
- Permalink: Sometimes women say more in their pauses than they say in their ...
I went out and got drunk with my laser tag team last night. Crap! I never go out on a Thursday night. What the hell was I thinking?Dwight
- Permalink: I went out and got drunk with my laser tag team last night. Crap...
Today is Thursday, but Dwight thinks that it's Friday. Aaaand, that's what I'll be working on this afternoon.Jim
- Permalink: Today is Thursday, but Dwight thinks that it's Friday. Aaaand, t...
Dwight: Oh, hey. Listen, Jim. Here's a little tip for your performance review.
Dwight: Tell Michael that we should be stocking more of the double-tabbed manila file folders.
Jim: We don't have double-tabbed manila file folders.
Dwight: Oh yes we do.
Jim: No we don't.
Dwight: Yeah, it's a new product. So you should just suggest that to him, and then he'll be sure to give you a raise.
Jim: All right. Well, I'm not asking for a raise. I'm going to actually be asking for a pay decrease.
Dwight: Uh, that is so stupid. What if he gives it to you?
Jim: Then I win.
- Permalink: Oh, hey. Listen, Jim. Here's a little tip for your performance r...
J - Jim I - Is Jim M - My Name Is Jim.Jim
- Permalink: J - Jim I - Is Jim M - My Name Is Jim.
D - Determined W - Worker I - Intense G - Good Worker H - Hard Worker T - TerrificDwight
- Permalink: D - Determined W - Worker I - Intense G - Good Worker H - Hard W...
Michael: But then she goes on to say "That will be our only topic of discussion." That doesn't mean anything. Those are just words...
Pam: I have one idea of what it means.
Michael: OK, yeah, what, what?
Pam: Well, I don't think you're going to be very happy with this.
Michael: Oh, great. Alright, well, now I'm in a terrible mood. Let's do your performance review.
Pam: Because she's conflicted. She has to be professional but she's fighting feelings for you.
Michael: Why - that's great news. That- that- Why would- why would I not like that?
Pam: Um, just 'cause that you work together and it might be awkward.
- Permalink: But then she goes on to say That will be our only topic of discu...
Michael: Pam, you're trustworthy.
Pam: Thank you.
Michael: And a woman.
Pam: Oh no.
- Permalink: Pam, you're trustworthy. Thank you. And a woman. Oh no.
Last year, my performance review started with Michael asking me what my hopes and dreams were and it ended with him telling me he could bench press 190 pounds.Pam
- Permalink: Last year, my performance review started with Michael asking me ...