The Simpsons Season 2 Episode 8: "Bart the Daredevil" Quotes
Bones heal, chicks dig scars, and the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world.Lance Murdoch
- Permalink: Bones heal, chicks dig scars, and the United States of America h...
Ladies and gentlemen, the ten-year-old who's brave and bold! When he's not in class, he's risking his ass, the world's greatest daredevil, Bart Simpson!Announcer in Bart's dream
- Permalink: Ladies and gentlemen, the ten-year-old who's brave and bold! Whe...
D'oh! How much longer was Sherbert planning on making this piece of junk?</i> Homer
- Permalink: <i>(Listening to Shubert's Unfinished Symphony)</i> D'oh! How ...
(Bart announces his jump over Springfield Gorge.)
Lisa: (Worried) Springfield Gorge? Bart, you'll be killed.
Bart: Lisa, I don't know how to explain this, but I get the same thrill out of jumpin' over stuff that you do fromreading.
- Permalink: (<i>Bart announces his jump over Springfield Gorge.</i>) (<i>W...
Oh cruel Fate, why do you mock me?Homer
- Permalink: (<i>After finding out he might not be able to go to the truck ra...
(Lisa, Bart and his friends watch wrestling on TV)
Bart: Two titans at the height of their careers. Ahh, if you ask me, this is gonna be one hell of a match.
Lisa: Oh, Bart, I hope you're not taking this seriously. Even a five-year-old knows that this is as choreographed as any ballet.
(Cut to Homer, who is at Moe's watching the same thing and talking to Barney.)
Homer: Eh, Rasputin's got the reach. But on the other hand, the professor's got his patented coma lock. If you ask me, this is gonna be one hell of a match.
- Permalink: (<i>Lisa, Bart and his friends watch wrestling on TV</i>) Two ...
Principal Skinner: Tonight Sherbert's, heh, heh, Shubert's Unfinished Symphony.
Homer: Oh, good, unfinished. This shouldn't take long.
- Permalink: Tonight Sherbert's, heh, heh, Shubert's Unfinished Symphony. O...
Lance Murdoch: (after trying to give a thumbs-up) Doc, I heard a snap.
Dr. Hibbert: Hmm, I'm afraid the bone is broken. Well, that's all of them.
- Permalink: <i>(after trying to give a thumbs-up)</i> Doc, I heard a snap. ...
Otto: (Singing, to tune of "Foxy Lady" over Bus microphone) Do do doo, do doo do doo, do do do doo.
Bart: Hey Otto, can I use that microphone.
Otto: ..doo do do (Switches off) Sorry Bart dude, it's for emergencies only. (Switches back on) Doo doo doo.
- Permalink: <i>(Singing, to tune of Foxy Lady over Bus microphone)</i> Do do...
Dr. Hibbert: This little boy broke his leg, trying to fly like Superman. This little boy's brother hit him in the head with a wrench, mimicking a recent TV wrestling match. I won't even subject you to the horrors of our Three Stooges ward.
Marge: Gee, I never realized TV was such a dangerous influence.
- Permalink: This little boy broke his leg, trying to fly like Superman. This...
Milhouse: Oh no, he's hurt.
Milhouse: Let's get out of here!
- Permalink: Oh no, he's hurt. Bad! Let's get out of here!
Lance Murdock: Now, on the chance I don't survive, let me just say: Seat belts save lives, so buckle up!
- Permalink: Seat belts save lives, so buckle up!