It's safe to say there's no clear cut American Idol favorite, isn't it? A night after no woman stole the show, the men took to the stage.
And while a couple listed below got our attention, none leaped to the front of the pack. Should make for an interesting season. Below, we run down the top five performances from the guys' first night taking the live stage...
- Casey Jones: The show REALLY needs to stop referencing Kara's crush on him. It's more awkward than funny. But he put on a great version of "Heaven," a Bryan Adams classic.
- Andrew Garcia: Was it as good as his Hollywood rendition of "Straight Up? No. But get over that judges. This guy has major talent.
- Todrick Hall: We're likely alone in this assessment. But on the first night of live performances, we'll reward someone that took a major risk.
- Lee DeWyze: More process of elimination here than anything else. He was decent on "Chasing Cars," but only top-five worthy due to lack of impressive performance.
- John Park: Ditto for Park. His Shania Twain lovefest made us love this contestant.
We know it's early, but the guys really must step of their game. Who was your favorite on the evening?
Want more American Idol?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!