After much deliberation, Dan decides to gather Serena, Blair, Nate, Chuck, Rufus and Lily to reveal the truth about his book in the hope that they will support him at his book party.
- Dan wrote that he and Blair had sex, which she insists they did not but almost ruined her engagement anyway, as she told Louis earlier (before reading the book) that he had likely written the truth.
- Dan wrote that Serena was a selfish, narcissistic party animal, which apparently cost her boss Daniel-Day Lewis in a major movie, but her boss is dead set on getting the Inside movie rights now.
- He made Chuck kill himself and die alone, which makes the Bass man awfully introspective about where his life has been and where it's going from here.
- He made Nate gay, which he was cool with, but he also blended Nate and Eric into one basically irrelevant character, which makes Nate sad/jealous.
- Basically everyone hates Dan now.
Meanwhile, Diana learns incriminating information about one of Nate's "friends" - IVY - and uses it to her advantage. In return for not outing who she is, Diana makes Ivy work for her.
Alessandra: They're coming tonight, right?
Dan: To the book party? No. I haven't exactly mentioned it to them yet. But I'd have to tell them the book exists first.
Alessandra: They don't know? Not any of them?
Dan: No. I'm not sure they're going to like it when they find out.
Alessandra: If they're really your friends they'll be happy to see your star rise. And they should be at the soirÃ©e tonight. When everybody learns that Anonymous is actually Daniel Humphrey.
- Permalink: They're coming tonight, right? To the book party? No. I haven'...
Dan: Quick question: how big can my head get before it explodes?
- Permalink: How big can my head get before it explodes?