- Adam and his son Joey enter WITSEC just after his wife is killed in a car accident. Adam thinks Genesis, the government contractor he is testifying against set up her accident.
- Adam becomes so paranoid he has a break with reality and enters a psychiatric hospital. Joey, who has turned 18, decides to leave WITSEC and move back to Minneapolis.
- Joey is abducted by men in masks but then released. No one can prove that Genesis was involved.
- Adam then breaks out of the psych ward and holds a gun on Mr. Bachman, the head of Genesis. Mary and Marshall stop Adam before anyone gets hurt.
- The government drops their case against Genesis since Adam is no longer a reliable witness and Bachman agrees not to press charges. Adam and Joey decide to leave WITSEC since they are no longer a threat.
- Adam's wife's hit and run driver is found dead in a warehouse. Police claim it was suicide.
- Brandi asks Mary to be her maid of honor. Mary balks at first but eventually comes around. Brandi is thrilled.