American Idol Album Sales: Elliott Yamin Drops
Elliott Yamin drops from No. 3 to No. 28 on the Billboard music chart, selling 30,000 copies, one-third of his first week's sales. That brings his total to 120,000, but at this pace it will be a fairly long, hard slog to top a quarter million.
Other Idols on the album chart (and a few who have fallen off):
- Daughtry is once again king of the charting Idols, but he drops 4-6, selling 66,000 - 13% off the previous week's total. Grand total is 2.11 million.
- Carrie Underwood falls 15-16, only because there are 10 debuts ahead of her. Her sales were up 4% to 39,000, and her total is 5.16 million.
- Katharine McPhee drops 74-93, falling 12% in sales down to 9,900 for a total of 279,000.
- Kellie Pickler falls 131-150, selling 6,100, 9% off the previous week, for a total of 484,000.
- Fantasia Barrino was down 139-152 on the chart, selling 6,000 copies, down just 3%. Total: 336,000
- Off the chart, Taylor Hicks sold 2,900, down from 3,400 the previous week. Total: 664,000. Ruben sold 1,300, down from 1,500, for a total of 218,000. Clay Aiken sold 700, down from 800, to bring his total to 507,000. And Kelly Clarkson sold 4,300, down a bit from 4,400, for a total of 5.7 million.
Gwen Stefani's Sweet Escape jumps to No. 1 on the digital songs chart, selling 140,000 in the week she performed on American Idol.