Pretty Little Liars took a step back from the mystery this week and focused on relationships, as "Never Letting Go" dealt with Hanna's feelings over her dad's return; Emily growing jealous over Samara; Aria getting closer to Jason and...
... THE BITCH IS BACK!!! THE BITCH IS BACK!!!
Whoa, what happened there?!? Someone must have taken control of my keyboard. Darn you, A!
I kid, but I must admit: as much as I mock the show and its occasionally, wholly unbelievable storylines (a project on a gravestone? Really?!?), the lunacy most definitely takes me by surprise. That's pretty much all you're looking for on a guilty pleasure such as PLL.However, is it just me, or are A's actions getting old at this point? The girls seemed barely rattled by the fashion show interruption. If the unexpected is always expected, it sort of becomes... expected. You know?
A hasn't really done anything in a long time to harm the gals, either. She's always around, always trying to be menacing, but it's clearly just a game these days - and her targets seem tired of playing. Heck, Aria didn't even hesitate to answer a text to kick off the episode!
- I'm enjoying the build-up of Jason. Is he trustworthy like Toby? A seemingly shady individual who is just misunderstood? Or should Aria heed Spencer's dad's advice and keep her distance? At the very least, she shouldn't get drunk with the guy.
- So, is Hanna happy that her dad is sticking around? She seemed disturbed for most of the hour over his feelings for her mom, even though she encouraged their closeness a couple weeks ago by deleting her dad's fiancee's texts. She's a fickle young woman, Hanna.
- How hilarious was Mona in those glasses and that professional outfit? SPENCER! We can see how that would be irritating if we were the subject of her rant, but I just found it entertaining.
- No Melissa, no Ezra this week and no movement on the Mike front. It really was a slower, character-building episode.
- Samara was totally, passively-aggressively trying to make Emily jealous with that old friend. See, Emily? It's not so easy to date girls, is it?!?
What did everyone else think? Did you mind a bit less mystery and a bit more relationship growing on "Never Letting Go?" And does A need to do something drastic in the near future to actually make us worry about her again?
Want more Pretty Little Liars?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!