And so the Scrubs reunion begins. Okay, so the reunion is just Sarah Chalke, and she isn’t playing a doctor ... and Angie isn’t even a remotely similar name to Elliot. I’d say that’s close enough, right?
"Full Moon Fever" did something special with Angie though; she easily slipped into the humor and rhythm of the show. Is it because of her Scrubs heritage? Chalke’s capability as a comedic actress?
Most likely all of the above and more, but it’s not an easy task booking an actor and getting that instant spark of chemistry with the rest of the cast (remember Brandon Routh on Chuck?). Especially one as well blended as Cougar Town’s.
And Elliot, I mean Angie, hasn’t even made it past Bobby and Travis.
Moving on to The King of the cul-de-sac plot. Jules and Andy declared war on the bicycle gang after Officer Pumpkin Head failed to stop them permanently.
The poor guy had his lawn chair turned and his cover blown! Talk about a poor turn of events. Thankfully, Andy, who is right in always feeling like a second fiddle to the rest of the gang – that is part of his character though, so this isn’t something the show can bring up continually – channels some Braveheart and rallies his troops to battle.
Complete with some fake horse trotting, and that is quite possibly one of the funniest things he's done yet.
If you’re not on Twitter yet, I encourage everyone to do so. It enhances the experience of watching TV, and Cougar Town really embraces it. Which makes Laurie tweeting with super black soldier “tank guy wade” even better because we’ve already gotten a glimpse of it. I’m not kidding she really did it.
That’s one mystery solved!
All in all, it’s hard to complain when Cougar Town shows up with its A-Game every week.
- Jules having no knowledge of movies continues this week.
- I can’t help but wonder if the helmet on Travis’ head is because of his truly awful hair cut.
- I wanted to title my review “Read With Me Dime Eyes” but I’m more than sure I would have gotten into heaps of trouble.
- Green screen!
- Ellie was particularly on fire tonight.
- A Wine Fountain sounds like a great idea. Cougar Town should merchandise all of their ideas. That sounds like a surefire way to come back next season.
- Grayson being an underwear model seems like something the show would quickly Photoshop together. I’m a little disappointed they didn’t.
- The Title Card should be added as a character to our Cougar Town quotes page.
What did you think of tonight's episode? Are you excited for Sarah Chalke? Who would win in an underwear modeling off, Grayson or Bobby?
Nick McHatton is a TV Fanatic Staff Writer. Follow him on Twitter.Tags: Cougar Town, Reviews