Miranda Bailey Quotes
Erica: This is her angio? That thing is wrapped around five major arteries.
Miranda: It's bad, but I've got some ideas.
Erica: Good for you! Try them on someone who might actually live.
- Permalink: This is her angio? That thing is wrapped around five major arter...
Erica: Don't get emotional Bailey. No one likes a girl who gets emotional.
Miranda: Still. I would like you on my team.
- Permalink: Don't get emotional Bailey. No one likes a girl who gets emotion...
[after Mer drops kidney] Five-second rule! Five-second rule!
- Permalink: Five-second rule! Five-second rule!
Richard: What are you people doing?
Izzie: We were just, uh, just deciding which of our interns to give to George.
Cristina: Uh huh.
Miranda: Oh, you think I got to choose my interns? And I picked you people... 'cause you're all such a surgical dream team? [to Alex] You, you're lazy. [to Izzie] You're whiney. [to Meredith] Butter fingers over there... downright depressing. [to Cristina] You, Yang, you're just annoying. Choosing their own interns! What are ...
Richard: Give me those damn cards. [picks out four, hands cards to George] O'Malley, you have interns.
- Permalink: What are you people doing? We were just, uh, just deciding whi...
Derek: Dr. Bailey. I heard your big surgery went well today. Congratulations.
Miranda: The same to you. It must feel good to see your name in print like that.
Derek: It would feel better if Meredith wasn't so... you know. She's acting silly about the credit. She's getting emotional.
Miranda: That girl worked her ass off for you and you got all the credit.
Derek: I would have gotten all the blame had we failed.
Miranda: But you didn't fail.
Derek: It's simple, I'm an attending... she's a second-year resident.
Miranda: Who you're now living with. That's not simple, it's messy. If it were me, I'd start with thank you. You'd be surprised how far that one goes. Especially with us silly emotional women.
- Permalink: Dr. Bailey. I heard your big surgery went well today. Congratula...
Richard: 'Bout time this hospital got some good publicity for a chance. Oh, heard you found a donor.
Miranda: Yes sir. The final piece of the puzzle has fallen into place.
Richard: This is the day Dr. Bailey. The day Seattle Grace comes back swingin'!
- Permalink: 'Bout time this hospital got some good publicity for a chance. O...
It's not just one surgery. It's 12, all at the same time.
- Permalink: It's not just one surgery. It's 12, all at the same time.
Miranda: I don't talk about sex.
Callie: Please. Let's just pretend I never said a single word.
Miranda: I don't talk about sex with anyone, ever. Any kind of sex.
Callie: Bailey I am begging you...
- Permalink: I don't talk about sex. Please. Let's just pretend I never sai...
Miranda: The va-jay-jay is undiscovered country. It is the mother land. You've never traveled there... You don't know its customs and ways. Now me? I've always wanted to go to Africa. But if I go, I'm going to have to learn a few things first. I'm going to have to prepare. I'll need shots. Bring my own syringes, in case something goes wrong. And I'll wanna know how to get to the embassy.
Callie: Okay now you've lost me.
Miranda: Just talk about it! Not with me. With the other one.
- Permalink: The va-jay-jay is undiscovered country. It is the mother land. Y...
In Ethiopia, they eat stew of spongy, sour bread. That's not for everyone!
- Permalink: In Ethiopia, they eat stew of spongy, sour bread. That's not for...
Callie: It's awkward. Because she's a colleague and because she's an attending and because she's a ... she. There's been kissing, but ... no touching and what if I'm not into it? What if I'm horrible at all that stuff... south. I've never been south of the border. With a female. I mean, I've never even been over the ... northern mountains, if you know what I'm saying.
Miranda: [stares in silence]
Callie: We're gonna pretend this didn't happen.
- Permalink: It's awkward. Because she's a colleague and because she's an att...
Miranda: They got the nerve to be indignant that they aren't on their specialties anymore. They don't have specialties! They should be grateful they're even allowed in this... Are you listening to me?!
Callie: I'm going on a date with Erica Hahn.
- Permalink: They got the nerve to be indignant that they aren't on their spe...