Miranda Bailey Quotes
Richard: You're gonna have to put together a team, and come up with a plan to save her.
Miranda: Save a girl with an inoperable tumor?
Richard: It's not easy being me.
- Permalink: You're gonna have to put together a team, and come up with a pla...
Miranda: Okay, two things. You all have a skills lab this morning, it is mandatory, don't even think about trying to get out. Second, one of you will be assisting me in my efforts to remove an inoperable tumor from a 10-year-old girl.
George: I'll do it!
Miranda: No you won't.
- Permalink: Okay, two things. You all have a skills lab this morning, it is ...
Alex: How can you operate on an inoperable tumor?
Miranda: Karev is also out.
Alex: What did I say?
Miranda: You doubted me.
Cristina: I don't doubt you Dr. Bailey!
Miranda: Yang is also out.
Miranda: You weren't supportive of a fellow resident.
- Permalink: How can you operate on an inoperable tumor? Karev is also out....
Next time, you'll know to bring in an ugly doll, won't you Stevens?
- Permalink: Next time, you'll know to bring in an ugly doll, won't you Steve...
Erica: This is her angio? That thing is wrapped around five major arteries.
Miranda: It's bad, but I've got some ideas.
Erica: Good for you! Try them on someone who might actually live.
- Permalink: This is her angio? That thing is wrapped around five major arter...
Erica: Don't get emotional Bailey. No one likes a girl who gets emotional.
Miranda: Still. I would like you on my team.
- Permalink: Don't get emotional Bailey. No one likes a girl who gets emotion...
[after Mer drops kidney] Five-second rule! Five-second rule!
- Permalink: Five-second rule! Five-second rule!
Richard: What are you people doing?
Izzie: We were just, uh, just deciding which of our interns to give to George.
Cristina: Uh huh.
Miranda: Oh, you think I got to choose my interns? And I picked you people... 'cause you're all such a surgical dream team? [to Alex] You, you're lazy. [to Izzie] You're whiney. [to Meredith] Butter fingers over there... downright depressing. [to Cristina] You, Yang, you're just annoying. Choosing their own interns! What are ...
Richard: Give me those damn cards. [picks out four, hands cards to George] O'Malley, you have interns.
- Permalink: What are you people doing? We were just, uh, just deciding whi...
Derek: Dr. Bailey. I heard your big surgery went well today. Congratulations.
Miranda: The same to you. It must feel good to see your name in print like that.
Derek: It would feel better if Meredith wasn't so... you know. She's acting silly about the credit. She's getting emotional.
Miranda: That girl worked her ass off for you and you got all the credit.
Derek: I would have gotten all the blame had we failed.
Miranda: But you didn't fail.
Derek: It's simple, I'm an attending... she's a second-year resident.
Miranda: Who you're now living with. That's not simple, it's messy. If it were me, I'd start with thank you. You'd be surprised how far that one goes. Especially with us silly emotional women.
- Permalink: Dr. Bailey. I heard your big surgery went well today. Congratula...
Richard: 'Bout time this hospital got some good publicity for a chance. Oh, heard you found a donor.
Miranda: Yes sir. The final piece of the puzzle has fallen into place.
Richard: This is the day Dr. Bailey. The day Seattle Grace comes back swingin'!
- Permalink: 'Bout time this hospital got some good publicity for a chance. O...
It's not just one surgery. It's 12, all at the same time.
- Permalink: It's not just one surgery. It's 12, all at the same time.
Miranda: I don't talk about sex.
Callie: Please. Let's just pretend I never said a single word.
Miranda: I don't talk about sex with anyone, ever. Any kind of sex.
Callie: Bailey I am begging you...
- Permalink: I don't talk about sex. Please. Let's just pretend I never sai...
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."Meredith (closing voiceover)
- Permalink: Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without y...
When we say things like "people don't change" it drives scientist crazy because change is literally the only constant in all of science. Energy. Matter. It's always changing, morphing, merging, growing, dying. It's the way people try not to change that's unnatural. The way we cling to what things were instead of letting things be what they are. The way we cling to old memories instead of forming new ones. The way we insist on believing despite every scientific indication that anything in this lifetime is permanent. Change is constant. How we experience change that's up to us. It can feel like death or it can feel like a second chance at life. If we open our fingers, loosen our grips, go with it, it can feel like pure adrenaline. Like at any moment we can have another chance at life. Like at any moment, we can be born all over again.Meredith
- Permalink: When we say things like people don't change it drives scientist ...