Serena van der Woodsen Quotes
Dan: Whatever Jane sent you here to say, why don't you just say it.
Serena: Well we both think that you should waive your right to write the script.
Dan: Why would I do that?
Serena: Because if you write it your project will be stuck in development hell.
- Permalink: Whatever Jane sent you here to say, why don't you just say it. ...
Jane: We'd love if you could open up the world of the Upper East Side a little bit more.
Natalie: Rich people are so hard to like. Maybe you could add someone more relatable.
Dan: I thought I did that already.
Serena: I think Dan is referring to his main character, Dylan Hunter. He'll appeal to everyone. He starts off as an innocent from Brooklyn.
Jane: Who quotes Hawthorne and screens Fellini films? I don't think so.
- Permalink: We'd love if you could open up the world of the Upper East Side ...
Serena: So Mr. Screenwriter, are you ready for your first development meeting?
Dan: I think so. As long as you guys don't want to change the ending. Or the beginning. Or all the stuff in the middle.
- Permalink: So Mr. Screenwriter, are you ready for your first development me...
Serena: When you told me you were pregnant I said that I would be there for you, no matter what, and I haven't been. And I'm sorry.
Blair: Well you had a work crisis.
Serena: Yeah, but the truth is I was jealous.
Blair: Well if it makes you feel better marrying a prince isn't what fairytales would lead you to believe.
Serena: No, that's not what I was jealous about. You're the star of Dan's book.
Blair: Well as I said, it's pure fiction.
- Permalink: When you told me you were pregnant I said that I would be there ...
Serena: I finally finished the book.
Dan: I told you, it's not you. Yes, there are parts of you. And Daisy Buchanan. And Amy March. And Gwyneth Paltrow. Five different roles she's played. But it's a novel. It's inspired by a lot of things. It isn't speaking to some deeper truth.
Serena: Are you sure? Because I know this may sound crazy or selfish or... like I'm living in the past or something. But you were the love of my life, Dan. I don't know, I just thought I was yours too.
- Permalink: I finally finished the book. I told you, it's not you. Yes, th...
Serena: I followed Jane all the way done to her town car apologizing, and even then I don't think it was enough. Thank you for waiting.
Dan: I didn't want to. You scared away everyone, and now no one wants the book.
Dan: Your apology this morning was just strategic, wasn't it?
Serena: Yeah. Pretty much.
- Permalink: I followed Jane all the way done to her town car apologizing, an...
Blair: I have an idea for you: quit. Your boss is a bitch. Let's go to lunch.
Serena: My job is important to me, B. You have six months to deal with your problem. I have six minutes to deal with mine. Goodbye.
- Permalink: Quit. Your boss is a bitch. Let's go to lunch. My job is impor...
Jane: Why are you gossiping when a deal you're running point on is falling apart on live television?
Serena: I'm sorry. This is Blair, my best friend. I figured maybe she could help.
Jane: This isn't high school. This is my business. I told you not to embarrass me.
- Permalink: Why are you gossiping when a deal you're running point on is fal...
Hey Jane. I swallowed my pride and outrage and did what you asked. We should have Dan's book later today.
- Permalink: Hey Jane. I swallowed my pride and outrage and did what you aske...