Temperance Brennan Quotes
Paula Lindbergh: I was afraid this would come up when I heard you took Trey in for questioning.
Booth: You're right, so start talking.
Paula: I should never have made Elliot move to the suburbs. In a way, I emasculated him.
Brennan: Oh, God. She's a therapist. She talks like a therapist.
- Permalink: I was afraid this would come up when I heard you took Trey in fo...
Booth: If this turns out to be some sort of sexual threesome revenge thing, it's gonna get complicated.
Brennan: I warned you about the suburbs.
- Permalink: If this turns out to be some sort of sexual threesome revenge th...
Booth: You make it sound like it was a class that you took. You know, the first time you should be in love. You know, totally goo-goo for the other person.
Brennan: Were you when you were sixteen?
Booth: Well part of me was.
- Permalink: You make it sound like it was a class that you took. You know, t...
Brennan: You just said you were having sex when you were sixteen.
Booth: That's different!
Brennan: Oh, so there's a double standard?
Booth: Of course! You know what, Cam needs to shut that down.
Brennan: I said that Michelle should wait until she's at least seventeen and a half.
Booth: Is that how old you were?
Brennan: No, I was 22.
- Permalink: You just said you were having sex when you were sixteen. That'...
Clark [with a Southern accent]: Well, is it all right if I get a drink of water, boss? You know, it's awful hot out there, and them tools is mighty heavy.
Brennan: Of course you can get water. Why are you talking like that?
Clark: Nevermind. I'll go.
- Permalink: Well, is it all right if I get a drink of water, boss? You know,...
Clark: I'm more of a lab rat, Dr. Brennan. Perhaps somebody more outdoorsy would be better.
Brennan: Clark, if there's spinal damage that corresponds to the compression fractures on the long bones, we could have cause of death. I need those bones. You're the most qualified. Don't scratch your neck with the gloves!
- Permalink: I'm more of a lab rat, Dr. Brennan. Perhaps somebody more outdoo...
Bones: Didn't your book for imbeciles teach you how to avoid injury?
Booth: No, the bookstore they ran out of copies, and it's book for dummies, not book for imbeciles.
- Permalink: Didn't your book for imbeciles teach you how to avoid injury? ...
Booth: You know, Bones, I'm ... I'm glad that, uh ... we don't have any secrets between each other.
Bones: Yeah. I like that.
Booth: I mean if we have something on our mind we just, we just share it.
Bones: Sure. Even with all of the financial and intellectual contradictions I, still feel close to you.
Booth: Right, because you know, none of that really matters anyway.
Bones: Sometimes looking at it through your eyes, I believe that.
- Permalink: You know, Bones, I'm ... I'm glad that, uh ... we don't have any...
Brennan: Shouldn't we be honest with each other?
Booth: We're honest! I mean, aren't you? I mean, I am.
Brennan: So you have no problem with me making so much more money than you.
Booth: No. Well, yeah, but it's - it's a little weird. I mean, you're loaded. You're really loaded, and you still don't even have a flat screen. That's just kind of weird, to be honest. It's a little French, if you ask me.
- Permalink: Shouldn't we be honest with each other? We're honest! I mean, ...
Sweets: Do you want my advice?
Sweets: Okay, if you really want to help Booth, you should let him teach you about plumbing.
Brennan: I'm a wealthy, accomplished woman. Why would I want to learn a menial skill?
Sweets: Well, for Booth, so he can regain whatever he feels he's lost. I think, for once, it would be beneficial if you were the student.
- Permalink: Do you want my advice? Okay, if you really want to help Booth,...
Avalon: You two are gonna keep doing things as usual.
Booth: Sometimes you gotta settle for second best.
Avalon: By the way, my cards tell me this all works out eventually.
Booth: Oh. Really?
Bones: What works out eventually?
- Permalink: You two are gonna keep doing things as usual. Sometimes you go...
Well, they gave me medication. So I feel how I imagine people of average intelligence feel, all the time.Bones
- Permalink: Well, they gave me medication. So I feel how I imagine people of...
Seriously, you didn't know how that was gonna end?Booth
- Permalink: Seriously, you didn't know how that was gonna end?
Booth: Come on Bones, you don't believe that there are other real life forms out there?
Bones: Well the ... probability is very high, but any alien visiting this planet would have sufficient intelligence not to die in the middle of the desert.
- Permalink: Come on Bones, you don't believe that there are other real life ...